This is how it started...

(Mother) "MAYBE IF YOU WOULD STOP DRINKING!!! YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BE A GOOD FATHER!!!"

*Smack*

(Father) "DON'T FUCKING DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!! IM GOING TO WORK!!! UNLIKE YOU!!!"

I'm standing at the door of my room shaking badly as I watch my Father hit my mother. I'm waiting for him to leave so I can tend to my mom's wounds.

(Mother) "I HOPE YOU GET SHOT!!!"

(Father) "ME TOO!!!"

*Slams front door*

Once the cost is clear I run to my mother, medical supplies at hand and begin patching her up.

(Mother) "I'm s-so sorry s-sweetheart..."

(Y/N) "It's okay mom... It's not your fault"

I say trying not to cry as I listen to my mother cry in pain...

(Mother) "No... No sweetie it's not... I should have broken up with him the first day he hit me..."

She said in a whispered tone. I just can't help but shed a few tears, even though my 'Father' would beat me to a pulp if he saw me like this. I still don't know how he even became a cop... I finish patching her up and put the medical supplies away. How do I know how to patch her up? She's a nurse so she taught me a thing or two about the medical field. I'm only nine but better now than later right? I then come back and she's on the couch curled up in a ball crying to herself. I walk over to her and climb onto the couch to comfort her. She latches on to me and we fall asleep together while watching the news.

\Time Skip. 6:47 PM/

(News anchor) "This is Robert Patten from the W.A.B.E. News! Reporting live from Atlanta downtown! Where the outbreak has taken hold! Law enforcement has just arrived on the scene where they are trying to keep the infected individuals from eating none infect- Oh, God! Help! GUAA-AAA-AA-A-AA!!!--...-.....--"

(Mother) "W-What the?..."

Mom and I were stunned at what we just saw... She immediately jumped into action, running and grabbing her keys. She then grabs all the Essentials, food, water, a backpack full of supplies and so on. We head to the door but was stopped by dad barging in soaked in blood holding his neck. He then says.

(Father) "Fix. This... You're a nurse, right? Fix this!"

(Mother) "Daren, please! We have to leave the city! So get out of our way"

She says as she tries to push past him. He pulls out a knife and he charged her. She is knocked to the floor by him, he's now on top of her but he then just stops moving altogether. I then hear my mom scream in pain. Confused and panicked I ask.

(Y/N) "W-What's wrong?! W-What do I d-do?!"

(Mother) "Sweetie- argh" *Breaths heavy* "Y-You need to leave- ah sss... And survive"

(Y/N) "W-What?! No! No no, I can't leave you! Not you!"

(Mother) "Sweetie Please..."

I look down to see blood pooling on the ground, not from dad but from... No... I push him off of her with a struggle but I manage to get him off.

(Y/N) "No... Mother, you can't please don't die. p-please no..."

I begin to cry. No not her... Not my mother, please.

(Mother) "Sweetie look at me... It's okay... You'll make it if you try I know it..."

I just sit there crying while holding her hand. We sit there for what feels like 2 minutes and she's not looking good. But suddenly I see... My father twitch? But as soon as he started twitching he jolted up and bit into mom's neck.

(Y/N) "AAAAHH!!! W-WHAT?!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!"

I look at his gun and go to grab it but he turned to me and grabbed my arm and went to bite me.

(Y/N) "GET OFF OF ME!!!"

I wiggled out just in time. I backed up and hit the wall. He got up and started walking towards me. Thinking quickly I run to the kitchen. Once there I run to the drawer and grab a knife with teeth. I then turn to see him walking into the kitchen after me. I studied his body for a bit and took notice of his slight limp. I react fast and go for his leg and ram it deep into his knee cap. But once it's in there, I struggle to get it free.

(Y/N) "Shit!"

He swings at me, I dodge it and run back to the living room. I look around and see the gun and run to it. I then see him crawl into the room as I take aim and try to fire but then realize it's on safety. I fidget for a moment but then find the safety switch and flip it off. I look back up and am met with him right in front of me. It is there where I am pinned to the floor struggling to break free, all the while trying not to get bit by this monster.

(Y/N) "AAAHH!!! G-GET!!! OFF!!!"

I look to my right and see the gun just within arms reach. I grab it quickly not wasting time, I aim it at his head and say.

(Y/N) "I said. Get. OFF!!!"

*BANG* His blood sprays all over my face as he falls and stops moving. But now I have another problem... Getting out from under his fat ass. I wiggle for a bit and finally get free and run to my mother which is now not moving at all... She's just there, lifeless... Her neck is beyond repair and I don't know what to do. But then... No... She starts twitching. She moves her head to look at me and for a moment I thought she was alive, but I couldn't be more wrong. Her eyes are lifeless and doll. her voice is course and she's making weird gurgling noises. She's acting just like dad... I'm not stupid, I know what this is. It's the virus that was plastered on the news. She's slowly walking to me, my mind clouded and broken I just watch her. She gets inches from me and then. *BANG* I see her body fall limp as she falls down. time seems to slow down but just comes to a full stop.

(Y/N) 'Why? What did I do to deserve this? What kind of "God" does this?...'

And just like that time is restored. But life has finally done it. life has finally broken me... I feel nothing. It's strange to feel nothing but i don't... I start to clean up the bodies, or at least I attempt with what strength my small frame has. After moving the bodies I just sit there and the numbness I once had faded but not completely... And I just sit there and cry.

\Time Skip 3 and a half days/

-----------------------------------------------------------

PhantomGlitch

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoy this little series because I'm not gonna stop with just the first season which means I will be attempting to do the. Whole. Series... So anyway, sorry for the short chapter. It's just the origin of the character so i figured it shouldn't be THAT long of a read. With that being said, here is the word count. 1257 words. Yup... Short. But hey! That's fine. So I hope to see you in the next chapter/episode! Bye for now.