Prologue

There he is again, walking with his girlfriend. Down the hall. I wish I could be her.

My second real crush I've ever had. Of course he has a girlfriend. And my crush before that turned out to be gay. Not that I have anything against that, it's just kind of frustrating when he was the first one you ever thought of dating. I know it is of sad for a junior in high school to have only ever had two crushes before.

Me and my friends used to call them "the first" and "the second" because they knew it's a touchy subject for me. A while ago, I had asked them to not call them by their real names of Joshua and Quincy, but that had long worn off along with their friendship with me. I have new friends, but they aren't as musically inclined as I am, so it's kind of hard to relate with them on any level other than the gossip I hear in my music lessons, advanced classes, on the bus (for being the nerds and geeks of school, they always have a lot of drama going on), and my experience in having a crush on people, big-time.

Anyways, I've always been focused on school. OK, nevermind, we all know that's a lie. The truth is, that, I had hoped that "the first" would realise that he liked me more than boys - even though that is completely wrong of me to have had wished - and date me. After that, I hoped "the second" would fall for me and break up with his girlfriend. As you can tell, I am an optimist and always hope for stuff to happen. The only thing that I have made happen, is that I've worked hard to be the best I can, or the best in general. And I am. Well, in the academic view.

Now I've moved on from "the first" and just know him as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. Now "the second," I can't say the same. He's has known that I like him since 6th grade. You might think it was some kind of "friend" that told him, but no, it was just me and my stupid decisions that lead him to find out. But it wasn't even 6th grade that I started liking him. It was 5th that it started, but then you couldn't really like anyone because there wouldn't be a point, nobody dated in elementary school. Not like how it is now. For most of sixth, I liked "the first" then I switched to "the second", then "the first" again, and on and on until 8th grade when I came to terms with the fact that "the first" was never going to happen. Ever since then, I've just liked "the second". I know, sad, right? Liking someone for almost 7 years straight. That's my life. 

Sad.