Eighteen

M a i a P O V

We had finally finished packing our things into the car. Right now we were sitting on the dock and watching the sun rise. Call us cheesy but It's actually really relaxing.

I'm not going to lie, this trip has made me learn a lot. That Max is actually a decent guy who is too caring for me and that Ryan is a dick who likes pranking.

I also can't help but to think about Max twenty four seven... Like, I'm literally about to graduate, I'm only in high school and I've found a great ass guy. I feel like there's still a lot I need to learn about him but some stuff will just take time.

Ryan and Lara went to do one more check up inside just in case we left anything in there leaving me and Max on the deck.

"I really do love you, you know that right?" Max whispered kissing my cheek. I smiled and slid my leg over his so I was straddling him.

"I love you more," I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck. Sometimes I wonder where that 'I'm not into puppy love' guy went but I mean, I'm not complaining. This Max is even better.

I-

****

M a x   P O V

"What happened! Maia! Wake up!" Lara screamed shaking her vigorously. I grabbed Laras hands and held them still.

"Don't shake her, we don't know what happened... Maia baby if you can hear me, you'll be fine just stay with me okay," I said pulling Maia into my chest. Ryan sped down the road trying to get to the closest hospital in time.

Everything was fine but then Maia just collapsed in my arms. I don't know what happened. It wasn't a seizure... maybe she just fainted.

"Fuck!" Ryan yelled then suddenly he done a u-turn and drove over the grass in the middle of the road.

"Calm down babe, don't get us all in hospital," Lara said moving to the front seat.

"Stay calm? My sister randomly collapsed and you expect m-"

"Okay! Just please focus on the road!" Lara said over him. As you can tell, this doesn't happen often. Or at all because I've never seen Ryan in such a panic.
Ryans usually chill but not when it comes to his sister. I'm trying my best not to panic because she's in my arms and the last thing that needs to be going to her brain is our sad words. Gotta be bright in these situations.

Once we made it to a hospital, we rushed her in and they put her on a bed and took her through. We weren't allowed in so we moved to the waiting room.

Ryan paced back and fourth. My leg shook uncontrollably and Lara sat still staring at the ground. This could take hours for all we know.
I'm just trying to think what could have caused it. Weed? Surely not because she hasn't smoked it since I last saw her and Lara doing it.

"How is she?" I heard Ryan say. I looked up and noticed the doctor walking towards us.

"She is going to be Okay, she's awake," oh thank fuck. That's a massive dumb bell taken off my chest. Ryan and Lara eased up as well.

"But-"

"There's always a but," Lara grumbled standing up and walking to Ryans side.

"Just a few questions, has she ever experienced anything traumatic and if so how did she deal with it?" The doctor asked. Ryan looked at me and Lara before he flopped on the seat behind him.

"Many things doc, our Dad left us, Our Mom passed away and she dealt with it by well by doing nothing, she didn't drink heaps or smoke heaps, she just stayed home," Ryan explained.

"Do you think she has ptsd?" I asked the doctor. He shrugged and put his clipboard down.

"There's a possibility she does, once the tests come back we should know but from what it sounds like, something was triggered in her head and it set something off which caused a nerve or something in her brain to go haywire," The doc explained.

"Wait so where does ptsd come into that?" Lara asked.

"When you have ptsd, your brain replays traumatic events and not everyone can handle it, has she ever just cried randomly or been nauseous from nothing?" Doc asked. Ryan and Lara shook their heads but I nodded my head.

"She has, while we're alone, either intimate or just sitting quietly, tears will randomly start falling down her cheeks," I explained.

"Oh she threw up a couple days ago, she thought she was pregnant cause it was so sudden she took a test and it was fine," Lara jumped in.

"Uh okay, so whenever she's happy, her brain is trying so hard to keep that happiness so when that traumatic event comes back, It's like a bomb," Doc said. I guess it makes a little bit of sense. I guess all we can do is wait for the tests to come back.

"What do you recommend when she's okay to come home?" Ryan asked.

"Definitely therapy and definitely love, therapy will help her get it all out and release her feelings and if the love is there then she'll remain happy and it'll be easier to flush the 'toxins' out, if yous want, you can all go see he-"

We didn't let him finish. We all sped up and raced to the room she was taken to. We stood outside the door and Lara slowly opened the door.

"Maia..." Lara whispered.

"Hi Lala," hearing her voice made me ease up a lot.

"Hang o-"

"Hi sis!" Ryan smiled running to Maias side as he cut the doctor off from talking.

"Who are you?"

_

HOLY SHIT SHE UPDATED !!!! Y'all I'm actually so sorry for being trash at updating this story. Ive had this chapter written up for a while but I don't know It felt weird uploading this chapter because I'm kind of lost.

Oh well, I'm slowly getting this story done. Plus I have so much other stories I want to publish.

Rememberrr!!! Vote and comment because Itll help a lot.

Byeeee

🖤