Twelve

Unedited

Ahsha

I grabbed the railing of the balcony and looked out at the distance of the bright city lights. I had no idea how I ended up here or where here even was, but she remembered the familiar view. I looked down at my body to see I in nothing but a robe on. "You look very beautiful." An unfamiliar deep voice said. I turned around to see Ares or Dominic or whoever was in control. "Am I talking to Dominic or Ares?" I asked. "Ares." He said.

"You don't look like Ares." I said truthfully. His eyes looked completely different and I had never heard this voice before. "This is my full form." He said as he walked towards me. "Habibata. (My love)" He whispered cupping my cheek. Goosebumps covered my entire body when he touched me. "Stop." I whispered. My body was screaming at me and I just wanted to make it stop. "I know we haven't had enough time to fully know each other but I don't want you to constantly be in pain when I can help. Can I help you, Habibata?" Ares asked. "I can't— I mean—" I froze looking away from him for a moment.

His eyes widened before the redness in his glowed a brighter shade. "I'm tired of fighting this pull I feel towards you, but my legs don't just magically open for every man that I cross paths with." I said. "I'm not just any man." He grumbled lowly. "You are to me. I just met you a couple of weeks ago. I also just found out about this hidden culture that my family and I are heavily connected too. I just want to go back to when things were easier." I said walking inside with him following me.

I was pressed into the window and forced to look at him. "You may regret coming here but I don't. Before you got here, I was angry. Hurting people so I could feel something other than empty." He said looking into my eyes intensely. "I want you in every way. You've already taken my heart and I would willing do anything to see a smile on your face." He said. "Thing long and hard about this. Do you want this?" He said gesturing between us. "Not just me but the lifestyle, the people, and all the things that come with it. Do you want that? If not, then we need to cut all ties right now." Ares said.

"Cut ties?" I asked confused. I felt this sharp pain in my chest at the thought of that. "A formal rejection to end all mate bonds we share. Take some time and think about it. I understand that this is all new for you, but I know what I want. But I'll do whatever you want to do." He said before leaving.

Ares

'Are you sure that was smart?' Malik asked. "She's not going anywhere." I growled. 'You can't be sure of that.' He added. I looked at myself in the mirror taking a breath. "She's. Not. Going. Anywhere." I repeated. 'Then you have to tell her what happens after we mark her.' Malik said. Dom and I chuckled. "We're not telling her anything until she's mine and neither are you." I said. Dom pushed Malik to the back of our mind before Dom growled lowly in approval.

I was sitting in my den petting Onyx and Abraham when they both stood and turned to look behind me. I could smell Ahsha's scent from where I sat, and I knew it was her because Onyx and Abraham would have attacked anyone else, they didn't know. I stood turning to look at her. She glanced over at me before looking at Onyx and Abraham as they walked towards her. I watched curiously as she kneeled before them reaching her hand out to them.

Both of my dogs sniffed her hand before walking over to her licking her. "What's their names?" She asked looking up at me. "He's Abraham and that's Onyx." I said. Both dogs rested their heads on either of her thighs trapping her. "Looks like you have the same effect on them as you do on me." She looked up at me before looking back at my dogs. She kissed both their heads before standing. "I don't know If I can handle everything that come with you and your lifestyle." She said softly pausing as she played with her hands. "But the idea of not having you around bothers me even after only knowing you for three weeks." She said looking up at me. I snaked my arms around her pulling her to me. "Can I kiss you?" I asked her. She looked at me before nodding her head. I pressed her closer to me before our lips met.