♚〡FOUR

"Are you sure?"

Austin asked, pacing in front of the King's desk. Adlaric nodded as Dimitri spoke.

"Everyone in the Kingdom could feel it. We all know she is our Luna, Austin."

Jessica paled at the news and held her stomach. Her daughter was only seventeen, she didn't want to give her away yet. She could tell her husband was irked by their Lycanthrope claim on their daughter, but he knew King Adlaric. The King was kind and always treated Austin with dignity, something many wolves didn't do. The fact that Adlaric was even asking was astronomical.

"So what does this mean?" Austin asked, sighing as he sat down in the chair in front of the desk. Dimitri was leaning against it as his King talked.

"I'm going to ask for you to move your family to Russia. We will support you, fully. You are Queen mother and Queen Father. As far as I see it, you are family now." Jessica, while happy at how kind he was, was appalled by Adlaric's words.

"You're asking us to move our daughter here? She has friends...a life...you're asking us to uproot her from a place she calls home." Jessica responded.

"Jess," Austin started.

"No, Austin. She doesn't know about their world, she doesn't even know wolves exist. It would destroy her. She won't understand why she has to come here when our jobs are there." Austin went silent at his wife's outburst and rubbed the back of his neck. Adlaric remained quiet as he took in her words. He knew that if he asked again, they would move, but they were also right. He wasn't worried about his life anymore, it was all about her happiness and he vowed to maximize it.

"You're right," Adlaric said.

"My King?" Dimitri interrupted.

"I can rule from America, can I not? It would only be for a period of time until I can introduce our species to her. I've ruled American wolves from Russia just fine." Dimitri looked at his Alpha with skepticism, but nodded reluctantly.

As Dimitri and Austin leave the office, Jessica hesitantly exited with Adlaric behind her. There was a thick stench of apprehension filling the air. It bothered Adlaric's heightened smell.

"I can tell you want to ask something," Adlaric said softly, closing his office doors. Jessica bit her lip, nervously, before responding.

"I don't nor have I ever worked for you...I just...she's my baby girl she deserves to live a teenage life. Don't take that away from her, please."

Adlaric's eyebrows furrowed and he nodded once. "She is my life now. I will make her as happy as I can. For that, you have my word."

When the four made their way back to the ballroom, Austin almost had a heart attack as he watched his daughter going to take a sip from a glass filled to the brim with alcohol. He raced to her and grabbed the glass just before she had a taste.

"Absolutely not! You're not eighteen yet!"

Eve groaned while June happily drank her wine. She was eighteen. Her birthday was months ago. Eve remembered throwing a huge surprise birthday party where both ended up absolutely wasted.

"Oh, come on Austin, she turns eighteen in two hours."

Eve had completely forgotten her birthday was tomorrow. She smiled at her mom's empathy and looked expectantly at her father. He still shook his head.

"You act like it's my first drink," she mumbled low under her breath so her father couldn't hear. For a second, she thought Dimitri and the other man heard her because of their subtle grins. Eve looked at Dimitri and raised an eyebrow.