It begins...

Dipper watched Ford turn to gold. The man lets out a stomach turning scream as his body is changed to solid metal, his eyes frantically looking around as he is forced to remain conscious during the process. Bill takes his time, enjoying the screams too much to notice Dipper falling apart behind him.

Everything was going wrong, and for the first time since he arrived he doesn't have the journals to seek answers from. He felt weak, helpless, stupid-

He had no ideas, no clever plans to get him out of this situation. Ford was gone, Mabel had vanished off to somewhere before this all started, and Stan was who even knows where. He has nobody to turn to, nothing to rely on. But he knew he had to do something, anything to stop the horrible screaming still echoing in his brain. So he stops thinking and blurts out the first thing on his mind.

"Bill! I wanna make a deal!"

=====

The human, his pathetic little Pinetree, is staring up at him. It's cute, in the way an abused dog still tries to bark. He knows Pinetree better than most of the humans in this town, including his family. He knows all his quirks, his fears, his doubts. He knows with absolute certainty that while Pinetree is serious, he has no clue what he's truly getting into.

"How interesting! You wanna make another deal Pinetree? I knew you were desperate for attention but not that desperate!"

He watches Pinetree squirm and laughs, floating over to rest an arm on the head of the kid.

"Besides, what could you possibly offer me that I don't already have? News flash kid, I don't need you anymore! So what's keeping me from getting rid of you now?"