9: Test the Waters

"Yerin. Yerin. Yerin. Yerin. I won't stop! Yerin. Yerin—"

"Bitch, what the fuck?", my best friend snapped and I grinned finally getting her attention. "A little bit busy??", she glanced at her phone, one hand covering its speaker, hinting that she's on the phone.

"I don't care! I am in a crisis here.", I said dramatically and Yerin frowned.

"Better be something serious, young miss cause I am hanging up on a hot dude just for you.", she sternly said and I nodded hurriedly.

She removed her hand off the phone speaker. "Hey, uh... I'll call you back later, yeah?", she said.

"Mhmm. You too. Good night~", she said sweetly before ending the call. She heaved a loud sigh before looking up at me.

"So? What's your serious crisis?", she said and my heart raced, recalling the moments I went through earlier.

"Taehyung.", I started and Yerin's eyes lit up, a wide smile plastering on her lips. She dragged me towards the bed by my wrist and pushed me to sit down. She took a seat next to me.

"Oh my god! Tell me everything.", she squealed excitedly and I giggled.

"Taehyung may or may not like me.", I bit the insides of my cheek. "We ate dinner together, called me beautiful and asked if we could meet up in the future—"

I blushed wildly whereas, my best friend cut off my sentence with her loud squealing.

"He definitely likes you!!!", she screamed, clapping her hands.

"Bitch, let's not jump to conclusion. He probably just needed me for his photoshoot.", I mumbled.

As negative as I sounded, I couldn't help but have my hopes high though.

"Photoshoot?", Yerin raised her brows.

"Yeah. You know he's interested in photography. He has this idea in mind and he thought I suit that aestheticism.", I explained.

"Sis, there's tons of chicks out there. Why would he choose you? ONLY YOU? And, that's the tea.", she pointed out. I tried to say something but lost my point.

Yerin grinned at my silence.

"Did he flirt or confess anything that sort of?", she wiggled her brows and I frowned. "If he confessed, I wouldn't be here to discuss with you."

Yerin slapped my arm real hard and I yelped in pain. "Ow, what the fuck?!"

"Don't what-the-fuck at me. What do you mean by you wouldn't discuss with me. YOU NEED TO SHARE THE DETAILS WITH ME.", she said and I sighed.

"That's not the point. What I mean is I am here to discuss with you because I am very confused and my brain can't handle any further. My brain is LITERALLY flopping inside my head!! I AM OVERTHINKING."

"What are you confused about?", she asked.

"You see. He called me beautiful, stole glances at me every now and then, showed up on my big day even though he is a busy man, tries to find his way to be alone with me and... asked me if we could meet up like this from time to time.", I breathed out.

"Hmm... sounds like he actually likes you.", she hummed, crossing her arms and legs.

"Also, he was actually hinting me to go away to spend some time alone with you. That's fishy.", she said and I nodded hurriedly.

"I know right!"

"But if that's all to it, it could just be a causal talk. You know, Taehyung. He's a social butterfly.", she said and my shoulders dropped.

A little bit disappointed???

"Yeah, you are right. I mean he's the KIM TAEHYUNG. I am just a normal fangirl that turns out to be lucky, meeting him on the plane and getting to know him. He just sees me as a fangirl. God, I read too much fan-fiction.", I laughed dryly.

Yerin shook her head. "I am just stating the possibilities. Don't make that face."

"What? What face?"

My best friend just heaved a sigh. "My point is, meet up with him if he asked. During the meet ups, OBSERVE. Test the waters, woman."

"How?", I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"Don't keep yelling, "I have no time to date. I am a busy woman. I have interest in no one." in front of him. If he flirts, you flirt back subtly. Got it?", she explained.

"Kinda....", I trailed off.

"What do you mean kinda—"

Her sentence was interrupted when my phone ringtone blared inside Yerin's bedroom. My gaze shifted to my phone screen and let out a gasp when I saw the caller ID.

INCOMING CALL FROM TAEHYUNG >>

"Bitch, it's him!", I exclaimed and Yerin quickly scooted towards me to check the phone screen.

"Holy shit! Answer!!!", she nudged my arm.

I swallowed hard before swiping my phone screen to answer the call. I placed the phone against my ear, my heartbeat accelerating.

"He-Hello.", I squeaked.

"Minhee, hi!"

I glanced at Yerin. She cocked her brows at me, hinting me to continue the conversation.

"Taehyung, hey! Why'd you call at this hour?", I asked and felt my belly twisted by Yerin. I wanted to yelp out loud but I quickly covered my hand against my mouth.

Yerin mouthed at me with a glare. "Try to be as sweet as possible!"

Okay. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't realize that it's already 11pm. I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

"No, you didn't! I wasn't sleeping anyway.", I chuckled.

"Oh, phew. That's great.", I heard him heave a sigh of relief.

"So, why did you call?", I asked.

"Ah. Uh... Remember about the photoshoot I mentioned earlier this evening?"

I nodded. "Imm hmmm. Yeah?"

"Can you please please pleaseeee model for me, Minhee? You didn't give me an answer. If yes, can we meet up this weekend?", he pleaded and I looked at Yerin who had a huge ass grin on her face.

"Say yes, bitch.", she whisper yelled.

"Yes! Okay. I am free that day.", I replied rather quickly which I internally groaned.

Did I sound desperate?

"Great! I'll text you the details tomorrow.", he chimed.

"Sure thing.", I said.

"So... Goodnight?"

"Mhmm, Goodnight.", I breathed out and hung up fastly. Once I did, I immediately jumped onto the bed, flat face.

I kept groaning out loud, feeling super embarrassed. My best friend looked at me in concern.

"Are you alri—"

"Do I look like I am?!", I snapped.

Where will this take me to?