c h a p t e r s e v e n

I ran to my car

I ran to my car.

Now, I know what any person would be thinking if they knew why I was running to my car.

Weird. Out of her mind. Has a lot of mental issues.

Like, a lot of mental issues.

But I didn't care.

Hell, the only thing I did care about was getting to that car.

My dad wasn't there to stop me from going to the aquarium because he was at work.

I got into the car and started driving out of the driveway.

Everything seemed connected to that merman.

All the emotions, all the confusion, the pain.

I didn't know why it was him specifically or how I haven't noticed it before, but I didn't care.

It was like a light bulb flashed inside my head at the text.

I don't even know why I was in such a hurry to get to the aquarium.

I had this panic building up in my chest.

Why am I feeling this?

I was getting crazy over a guy that I don't even know and had weird encounters with.

So nothing explained my actions and emotions.

I felt my heart beating fast inside my chest; pounding against the stress.

I let out a long breath of stress.

What the frick is happening with me and my emotions?!

There were so many things I wanted to do at the moment.

Cry. Scream until my throat hurts. Anything that would get rid of the foreign feeling I have right now.

I got out of the car and started heading towards the double doors of the aquarium.

I got my phone out of the pocket and texted Peter.

Where r u?

His response appeared onto the screen.

In the lab.

I knew where the lab was.

I started walking in the direction of the place I needed to go and felt another headache start to invade my head.

It felt like a hammer pounding into my head, the same place, to the beat of my heartbeat.

I whimpered at the pain.

It was much stronger than the one at home, and it became more and more painful as I walked towards the lab.

I finally saw the navy blue door with a sign that read The Lab - employees only.