Chapter 2 - Pregnant

WHATEVER IS IN ITALICS IS A FLASHBACK!

Ava's P.O.V.

I have been on No Man's Land as a rogue for about five weeks now. Things actually were starting to look up. I had a place to stay, friends, food and a job. 

I had met Josh and his mate Christian as soon as I stepped foot unto No Man's Land. They had been banished from a traditional pack for being gay. I had no problem with that, so we ended up traveling together. It was nice to have some company. We all became fast friends though our meeting would never have hinted at such a thing:

I had crossed the last pack border into No Man's Land ten minutes ago. It was refreshing to be able to travel without having to look behind your shoulder all the time in search of a pack member who might have spotted you. I was free and right now, it was enough. But sadly, things couldn't stay this way. 

I heard them before seeing them. On instinct, as a female without protection, I hid myself. I saw the two men appear. They were bickering. It was kind of funny to watch as long as they didn't see me. They smell like werewolves and because of that both were about 6 feet tall. I couldn't take both of them on at once, so I stayed in my hidden corner. 

The one with blue eyes said, "I know that the town is that way."

The other retorted, "I have the map, so I should no better." This continued on for a while until the one with blue eyes kissed the one with brown eyes to shut him up. I gasped, I didn't have anything against it, but I rather thought they behaved more like bickering brothers than mates. My gasp made them realize they were not alone.

Blue eyes asked, "Who's there?"

"Come out! We heard you judge us silently," ordered the other. I started laughing. It appeared Brown eyes thought my gasp was because I hated gay guys. Blue eyes walked over to where I was and crouched. I couldn't stop laughing. Apparently, my survival instincts haven't kicked in yet. 

He said to his mate, "C'mon Josh, it is safe. It's just a girl." 

Josh bent down and asked me gently, "What are you doing here girl? It isn't safe. Come help her up, Christian." So, their names were Josh and Christian. I still couldn't stop laughing. 

Christian just sighed and stated, "She's clearly crazy. We should leave her to die." That statement offended me greatly. 

"I am not crazy, you are," I shot back. We spent the next five minutes going back and forth, taking jabs at each other. 

In the end, Josh just said, "Let's go find someplace to stay the night!" Male werewolves tend to be more protective of their female counterparts. Why? I have no idea, but that's how it is. So, Josh felt obligated to take me with them.

After we got over arguing, we got along. Josh and Christian had been here two days more than me. All three of us have various jobs to pay the rent on our two bedroom apartment that we share. I was happy with the position that we are in, but of course, my body's menstrual cycle had to fuck it all up.

Right now, I was currently freaking out at the doctor's office with Josh and Christian trying to calm me. My brain had finally did simple math and came up with the answer of I'm in deep shit. My period is a five weeks late. I had sex five weeks ago. I could be pregnant with my mates' children who rejected me. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Josh and Christian knew all about Ethan and Asher, my mates. They wanted to come support me. I was grateful for that.