Chapter 30

*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake up early, five-thirty, to be exact. I'm not even sure why, my body just woke me up. I try to go back to sleep, but I can't. I toss and turn for ages, it feels I've been laying here trying to sleep for hours when it's probably only been a few minutes. I try everything. I flip the pillow to the cold side, I find the most comfortable position. Still, though, I can't sleep.

I give up, obviously I'm not going to be able to sleep. So, I sit up and switch my alarm clock off. I gather my school uniform and toss it onto my bed, ready for when I get out of the shower.

I go to the bathroom and start to undress myself, then I find a towel and switch the water on, waiting for it to get to the perfect temperature.

*

I walk back into my bedroom after a quick shower, although, not really sure why I made it quick.

I dry myself off as much as I can with a towel and start to pull on my uniform, already dreading the school day.

After everything is on and I look presentable, I check the time.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. It's only just going on six.

I grab all my school stuff and go downstairs, looking around the kitchen for anything I can eat. I end up with some toast and think about things I could do. I could always just go over to Mikey's. I mean, Mom isn't awake to stop me.

I set my toast down and get a piece of paper and a pen from my bag, this is too easy. I wrote down in my sloppy print Mom, Dad, went for a drive, couldn't sleep. don't worry xofrank

I nod at the note, thinking it's a good enough lie. I slide it to the center of the counter and grab all of my things.  I make my way outside, thinking in the back of my head that my mom or dad will wake up and catch me before I can even make it to my car, see through my lie, and make sure I never see Gerard again. That's my luck.

Alas, I make it to my car and out the driveway. It's all smooth sailing from here. They'll see my note, they'll think I'm on an innocent drive to nowhere in particular, and Gerard and I can happily date each other in kinda secret.

I make to the Way house (aka my second home) and get out, happy that I can see Gerard.. and Mikey, but more Gerard because Mikey's just my awkward best friend while Gerard is my  super attractive boyfriend.

I go to the front door and test the knob, upset that I find it to be locked. I bend down and find the spare key hidden in the dirt of a pitted plant by the doorway. I quietly unlock the door, then shove the key back in the dirt. I slowly twist open the door and walk in, silently closing the door behind me.

I'm a terrible person for what I'm about to do.

I go up the stairs, thankful that they don't live in a house where all the stairs creak like they're about to bust. I find Gerard's room and open it, closing it just as quietly as I did the front door. I walk over to  Gerard's bed and see that that he's sleeping peacefully. He's using his arm as a pillow while the other rests on his stomach. How mouth is open slightly and he's snoring just the tiny bit.

I walk closer and then I jump on him, covering his mouth when he tries to scream. He manages to push me back, but not off. He looks at me, then his eyes close and a sigh of relief escapes from his nose.

I move my hand, then he talks, "Jesus, I thought you were a serial killer."

I laugh and get off of him, laying down beside him, "Nope. I just woke up really early and thought sneaking out to see the boyfriend and the best friend would be nice," I reply, curling up into his side.