【五十】 haunted house

it was nearing halloween, and yingyue had been dying to go to a haunted house

it was nearing halloween, and yingyue had been dying to go to a haunted house. the staff and the boys planned to go to one and surprise her, only for her to figure out herself that she would go in alone.

when the day came, yingyue was the last to go. as the boys passed through the house in pairs or groups of three, she would sometimes cringe at their screams, expecting the worst.

"when i said i wanted to go to a haunted house, i didn't mean alone," she mumbled, unaware of the camera filming her.

just then, cheers were heard on the other side, signaling that the last pair, jaehyun and johnny, had reached the end.

"i want taeyong oppa to come with me!" yingyue exclaimed as she was ushered into the building.

it was dark and she could barely see anything.

"jiahao, i'm sorry i didn't buy you ice cream that one time— aH!"

the girl cut her sentence short with a quick scream as she encountered someone run right in front of her.

"donghyuck, i'm sorry i threatened to punch you in the gut so you could see what cramps feel like," she continued, plugging her ears and closing her eyes.

"i aM YOU, I SEE ME IN YOU," yingyue shouted loudly to block out the eerie silence. "너와 있을 때 난 알 수 있어!"
[trans: i know when i'm with you.]

bumping into something, she opened one of her eyes and jumped back, letting out another scream in fear. she had bumped into one of the workers dressed up as a horror character. she quickly apologized and with that, she ran ahead. in the second (and, fortunately, last) room, sounds of chainsaws played through the speakers.

"you know what, i think death would be better than facing my fEARS— GO AWAY!"

for the rest of the attraction, yingyue kept her head down, eyes shut, ears covered, and her back to the wall while yelling song lyrics.

"yinnie, you're out. stop yelling."

"I'M A FIGHTER, FIGHTER. 발로 까이고 차여도, 일어나 여긴 가열된 곳. 쉬지 않고 달려—"
[trans: i'm a fighter fighter. even if i get kicked down, i'll get up, this place is heating up. i won't rest but i'll just run.]

lucas laughed, "is she really screaming monsta x lyrics now?"

ten walked over to yingyue and grabbed his wrists, moving her hands away before taking a deep breath.

"yINGYUE-AH, YOU'RE FINE!" he shouted, causing her head to shoot up.

scared shitless, she pushed ten and kneeled to the ground, "halloween isn't fun when you're the one getting scared. this is why i'm the one always scaring you guys."

everyone laughed at their third (now fourth) youngest and jungwoo bent down beside her, patting the top of her head.

"let's go get boba now!" he smiled, making yingyue forget about the torture-filled haunted house behind her.

終。
i don't know what this is, it isn't even halloween month anymore
tbh i'm the type of person that'll scream song lyrics if i'm in yin's place