Chapter 31

Siddharth quickly got down the car and looked at the scene before him. Driver killed the engine when he saw his boss has got out of the car abruptly and looked out for him. Akanksha who doesn't have any idea of why he got out of the car in such a rush, also got down the car and went to his side.

Akanksha looked at Siddharth who is blinking his eyes looking at something. So she followed his gaze and saw many people but she got stuck at one person who is kneeling down in front of a small girl.

She took out her phone and looked at the picture she saved for reference. She looked back at the girl wide eyed and turned to Siddharth who stood like a statue with whirlwind of emotions running through him.

He looked at the girl in a pale green dress with her hair open and a worried look plastered on her beautiful face. He blinked once, twice, thrice to see whether he is seeing her really or imagining her.

She was kneeling in front of a small girl and bent forward checking on the girl. That's when he saw the locket he had given to her still there hanging from her neck as she leaned forward. Tears string in his eyes as he saw her.

It's her.

It's really her.

My Ananya, my Love, my Life...........

He snapped out of his daze when he saw Anu got up along with the girl and few other people and went inside a house.

" It's her. Isn't she?" He heard from behind and stopped in his place.

He turned to Akanksha who is staring at him and so he cleared his throat.

" Yes." He said calmly when she blinked at him.

" Good. We found her." She said sadly as her work with him is finished.

He frowned at her.

" You can go back. My driver will drop you at your place." He said to her.

" What? Why?" She asked quickly.

" If you had forgotten Ms. Akanksha, your job is to find her and now we had found her so your job is completed." He stated in his business tone and turned to leave.

" But where are you going?" She asked him.

" None of your concern, you can leave now." He shouted without turning back.

She doesn't know what's happening with her. It's her job to find her and now that her task is accomplished, She should feel happy about it but she is feeling sad and disappointed.

She turned to leave but stopped in her tracks thinking about something. She started walking in the direction he went.

Siddharth on the other side walked inside the gate of the house and stood at the door hesitantly. He peeked inside to see Anu applying bandage to the bruises of the girl. The people around them were talking that how lucky are the little girl and her father as they got out with only minor wounds but not something major when their bike got skid.

He just blanked out all their talks and all the people around. He just stared at the girl for whom he is searching madly from many days.

She looked weak and a little pale but she still looked more beautiful for him. He just stared at her concern yetched face intently.

Akanksha watched him from a side at what he was doing. She understood that he is hiding and watching her. But what shocked her more was the emotions she saw on his face.

There is concern, admiration, adoration, fascination, sadness and many more emotions on his face while looking at Ananya. Her breath got hitched when she saw the emotion in his eyes which she thought he was never capable.