Chapter 10- Mr. Sassy Pants

Sawyer's POV:

"YOU'RE A TERRIBLE BOWLER!", I screamed at him once we were out of earshot of the table.

Scott groaned, "I know!"

"It was like watching a train wreck. First it turns into a group date, then that phrase"-, Scott cut off Stiles's babling.

"Hanging out.", Scott grimaced.

I tilted my head, "What's so wrong about that?"

"You don't 'hang out' with hot girls.", Stiles answered. "Once you start 'hanging out' you might as well be her gay best friend."

"Scott and Danny could start hanging out.", I giggled. "Wait a minute we hang out?" Stiles muttered something under his breath, and Scott smirked. Stupid werewolf hearing. "What did you say?", I asked.

A blush rose to his cheeks, "Uh, nothing!"

"I don't know what's happening! Either I killed a guy, or I didn't.", Scott ranted.

"I don't think Danny likes me very much.", Stiles told us, making me let out a small laugh.

Scott continued to rant, completely ignoring Stiles, "I ask Allison out on a date, and now we're 'hanging out'."

"Am I not attractive to gay guys?", Stiles asked curiously.

"I make first line, but the team captain wants to kill me!", Scott yelled before checking the time. "And now I'm going to be late for work!", he said, taking off out the doors. 

"I'm catching a ride home with Allison, so I guess I'll see you later!", I chucked, walking away.

"Wait, you didn't answer my question! Am I attractive to gay guys!?", he called after me. This is the guy I have a crush on, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes with a huge grin on my face. 

 ☾

"When I said 'I'll see you soon', I didn't think of this.", I muttered, getting into the back of the jeep because Scott was already in the front. 

"Well this is important, Scott's going to figure if he attacked that guy on the bus.", he responded. I murmured some choice words, slumping down in my seat until we got there. 

"Alright, I'll go, and you two can stay here.", Scott told us.

I shrugged, "Sounds good to me."

"What? No?! I'm starting to feel like we're batman and robin, and I don't want to be robin all the time!"

"No one's batman and robin any of the time!", I shouted, tired of their arguing.

Stiles whimpered, "Not even some of the time?"

I could tell Scott was getting frustrated, "Just stay here!" Stiles pouted, and stormed back to the jeep. Even after Scott left, Stiles was still pouting.

"Hey, are you still upset about the whole batman thing?", I asked.

He sighed, "I just don't want to stand on the side, watching as he gets the girl, makes first line, and every goes pretty great for him, you know."

"I know the feeling.", I muttered bitterly. "But not everything is going great for him, he's freaking looking for clues to find out if he killed someone or not.", I laughed dryly.

He nodded, "I know."

"But if it makes you feel any better, Scott would be nowhere without you. You're the one who firgured out he's a werewolf! You're my batman.", I blurted out.

His head snapped up, and he looked at me with an unreadable expression in his hazel eyes.  "Do you really mean that?"

I blushed a little, "So, I'm guessing it did make you feel better?" He just violently nodded, making me me giggle and suddenly notice how close our faces were. We were barely a few inches apart, and I really badly wanted to close the gap instead of just staring at each other. Although, I did like staring at him too; his bright copper-colored eyes, light creases around his mouth from smiling so often, moles scattered across his cheeks. I could go on forever, but just as I worked up enough courage to lean in, a shining light broke up our little moment. I jumped back from surprise as Stiles frantically honked the horn, trying to signal to Scott that we needed to get out of here. Scott came into view, running, and doing a flip over the fence while I just stood there with my mouth hanging open with awe.

"GO!", Scott screamed, hopping in the front seat when I went to the back. And with that, Stiles sped away from the school.

"So did you remember?", I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I came here last night, but a lot of the blood on that bus was mine."

Stiles raised his eyebrows, "So you did attack him?"

"No! I think I was protecting him, there was another pair of glowing eyes. Derek's.", Scott answered.

"Why would Derek tell you how to remember if he was there?", I questioned. This guy was way too mysterious for me.

"Maybe it was like initiation into the pack, do the kill together.", Stiles offered, not looking at me. Things were a little awkward to say the least.

"Because ripping out someone's throat is such a great bonding expirience.", Scott sarcastically responded.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Woah there Mr. Sassy Pants."

"But you didn't do it! So that means"- Stiles got cut off by a lovestruck Scott.

"I can go out with Allison.", he said dreamily.

"Or you won't kill me and Stiles.", I chimed in.

Scott barely even acknowledged it, "Oh yeah, that too. So Sawyer, are you actually letting Lydia set you up on a blind date for tomorrow?", he asked.

I shrugged, "I guess so, I mean it's Lydia, she's not going to change her mind."

"She's probably just going to set you up with some jerk on the lacrosse team.", Stiles snapped, my eyes widening at his tone.

"Jealous much?", Scott smirked.

"What? No! Of Sawyer getting a date? Why would I be jealous?", Stiles rambled out. "I'll just take you home now.", he shrunk down in his seat, blushing slightly. 

Where did that come from?