75

SMOKE CIRCULATES AROUND Aria as she stares down at the butchered people around her and she can't help but let a tear slide down her face

SMOKE CIRCULATES AROUND Aria as she stares down at the butchered people around her and she can't help but let a tear slide down her face. These people, they thought they were safe inside these walls, they were mistaken. They had gotten comfortable and believed that nothing would get in but Aria knew better. Before this happened, she was creating a plan on how to make this place safer but reality is, they aren't ever going to be safe. Because anyone around them can harm themAria knows how that works first hand. Being safe is nonexistent in this world Aria calls hell.

Fumbling around with the knife in her hand, Aria crouches down beside the corpse, silently watching as it's eyes open. The eyes aren't like they were before; the eyes have no life or emotion in them, it holds death in them. As it's bony hands reach out to Aria, she grabs ahold of its wrists before shoving the blade into its temple, the skull making a sickening crunch. Normal people would be disgusted and would most likely throw upbut Aria isn't normal; nobody is normal nowadays. They have all done stupid shit to ruin their lives.

Aria stands to her feet, a voice echoing in the distance, but it isn't just any voice. Before Aria can open her mouth to speak, Michonne and Maggie are pulling open the gate and Aria rushes over, her blue eyes widening as she watches Rick run towards them, a huge herd of walkers stumbling after him. Rick darts in the walls and Aria helps Maggie and Michonne close the gate, flinching away once walkers try to grab her through the bars. Like she thought, they aren't ever going to be safe.

♚ ♛

Aria stands off near Aaron and Eric, chewing on her thumbnail. She can hear the desperate snarls from the walkers as they bang against the tin walls, wanting to get inside so they can feast on the community. "You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now." There's that word again; safe. Aria knows Rick is only saying that so the people don't freak out, her group knows that they aren't safe, a herd that size can tear down these wallsit's only a matter of time and the group needs to be ready for what's to come.

"The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together." Lie. Aria scoffs, her head shaking. Rick's telling them what they want to hear and that's irking her. "The others, they're gonna be back." Their names flash through Aria's mind and worry builds up inside her. She made the plan, if anyone dies, it's her fault. Swallowing back the worry building in her, Aria glances around at everyone. "They're gonna be back." Rosita reassures, sending an assuring nod over towards Maggie and Aria. The three women are in the same boat right now; each of their men are out there, risking their lives.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sashathey have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others." At the mention of Daryl's name, Aria shifts all her weight onto one foot, her eyes lowering to them ground beneath her. "And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk through the front gate after. They know what they're doing and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull out blinds at nighteven better, keep the lights out."

"We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on." Aria tugs her bangs behind her ears, her eyes catching movement behind her. Glancing behind her, her body visibly freezes as she watches James walk up behind her, his body close but not too close to look suspicious. Clenching her jaw, Aria turns back towards the front, her eyes narrowed. "This place is a graveyard." One of the woman speak up and Rick turns towards her, an intense look on his face. "The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this wayall of them."

Aaron walks forward, leaving Eric's side as he glances between Aria and Rick. "The plan that Aria and Rick put into place stopped that from happening. They got half of them away." A small smiles makes it's way on Aria's face. Aaron is a special soul and a dear friend of hers, she's grateful for him. "I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wantedand we wound up in a trap set by those people. And I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us, they found their way back here because of me."

Aria shakes her head, walking forward towards him. He's blaming himself for the destruction the stupid people had caused. She hates that. Setting a gentle hand on his shoulder, Aria tilts her head to the side, sending him a reassuring smile. "Don't blame yourself. Shit happenswe can't change that." She whispers to him, her eyes softening. She can feel the judge mental looks being sent his way and that angers her, but she can't do anything about it because all she is, is just a weak and shy female who's too scared to do anything. She wants that to change.

Feeling courage pulse through her, Aria turns towards the group, eyes narrowed. "Every single one of you have made mistakes, we're all human. Nobody is perfect. Aaron, he made a mistake but he's man enough to own up to it, I can't say the same for some of you."

A U T H O R
i love aaron. i love aria. brotp. michonne and aria are still top brotp though.