Chapter 11 Part 2 Typical Fainting

He had a lot of questions he wanted to ask her, a lot things she said yesterday felt like the bare minimum, like she was trying to keep as much to herself as possible. He started doing some exercises, getting warmed up, continuously keeping Chris in his line of sight. Thinking about everything she said yesterday, silently wondering if she would be offended if he asked her the questions that were burning in the back of his mind. He finished his warm up and walked over to where Chris was still pounding the bag. 

She would switch from boxing to kickboxing and then pull in some mixed martial arts. Terrant walked around the bag she was punching and held it steady for her. She paused for only a second and then began to punch, kick and thrust with a flurry. Terrant immediately tensed his hold on the bag before it spun out of control. For the next ten minutes she pummeled the bag as Terrant held it in place. Finally with one last punch she stopped, panting. She walked to the towel and water bottle on the bench, taking a long swig of water before picking up the towel and moving back to the bag.

"Okay what do you want to know?" She said slightly out of breath while using the towel on her face.

Terrant positioned himself in front of the very abused punching bag. Readying himself to start drilling. "What do you mean?"

"You have been watching me for the past 20 minutes. I can tell you are dying to ask something."

Terrant didn't answer. He began to drill thinking of the best way to explain his questions without sounding nosy. He heard a sigh and then a few moments later the bag became steady as Chris braced herself against the back of the bag, holding it in place. Terrant didn't hesitate, he went into his drills pushing himself as Chris kept a firm hold on the bag. After 20 minutes of hard drilling he finally stopped.

"What is with the shades?" Terrant asked out of breath. Chris's head moved around the bag, a smirk forming as she looked at him. "I mean I have heard werewolves having eye problems but I have never heard of a disease where shades are required as treatment."

Chris pulled away from the bag, moving closer to him as she put her hands on her hips. "Let's just call it a sensitivity to light." She smiled at him like it was a private joke that he should understand. He had an overwhelming urge to pull her glasses off so he could see her eyes, even just to know what color they were.

Right then the AC turned on. Almost immediately he started a coughing, sneezing fit as that strange citrus fire scent invaded his senses. He rushed to his bag grabbing his towel and covering his nose and mouth which seemed to help, until he saw Chris following after him a look of concern on her face. He held his hand out stopping her in her tracks and shook his head. She was smart enough to understand that he suspected it was her.

"I'm sorry. I don't have any perfume on... or really anything smelly."

Terrant sat down on the bench and Chris followed suit sitting a good 5 feet away and down wind of the AC vent. His sneezing fit subsided and he finally pulled the towel from around his face. "I don't know what is wrong with me."

Chris shrugged, "allergies?"

"I don't have allergies."

"Allergies to me?"

Terrant turned toward Chris who was smiling playfully. He laughed as he shook his head, pulling a unopened water bottle out of his bag.

"I wanted to thank you for yesterday." Chris said glancing at Terrant. "I mean it was very helpful to convince, well... almost everyone."

Terrant took a drink of his water. "No thanks is required. I was simply stating facts, and your story was... factual."

Chris paused watching Terrant warily. "What do you mean by factual?"