sixteen

Flo's Dream

Anxiousness. That's the only emotion I could feel on the horrified walk home. I desperately wanted to stretch out the nerve-racking walk home but I couldn't I knew I couldn't, otherwise, the beating would or could be worse.

Once I walked through the old wooden door I made sure to put my bag in my room and then make my father his dinner accompanied by an ice cold beer. If this simple yet small job wasn't done to the high standards of my father he would simply beat me.

One night I hadn't gotten his food ready by the time he had come home from who knows where and doing who knows what. He was absolutely furious, who knew one could be so mad about something so small and not overly important.

The stench of alcohol was evident in his putrid breath. it was all you could smell, how he even found his way home and was still standing upright was a big question I had asked myself numerous times.

"Wheres my food bitch." He yelled slamming the door almost making it come off of its old rusty hinges.

"It's just cooling down." I had managed to softly spit out.

"I want it now! It should have been cooled down and on the table by now!" He yelled coming toward me in the kitchen.

"I-I'm sorry s-sir." I said quietly.

"You can't do anything right, you stupid bitch, how many beatings do I have to give you to get you to obey me." He said shaking his head and taking his belt from his jeans.

Every part of me screamed at me to run, to get away from him but I couldn't it was like I was like my feet were glued securely in their place.

Smack.

A big red welt started to form on my shoulder as dad's thick belt collided with it. I wanted to cry out in pain but I knew thats what he wanted and I couldn't give that to him, the satisfaction of him hurting me or causing me any bit of pain normally the more the better. 

The sudden urge of pain seemed to magically force my legs unglue themselves and run but I wasn't fast enough, the belt buckle stricked my back, I could feel a wet substance pour slowly down my back.

End of Flo's dream.

I jolted awake, sweat littered my forehead and a few droplets had managed to slide down my face. 'It was just a dream' I wanted to tell myself but I would be lying to myself if I did because it was all in fact real.

Even though I was safe and no one could hurt me here I still felt like at any minute my father would burst through my door and force me to come back home.

As cheesy as this sounds all I wanted was Ryder, to be in his arms, telling me it was going to be okay. Yeah, I know what your thinking, 'She's nearly been here a month and shes already attached to him.' I haven't felt this safe in years, he made me feel safe and secure like I could fully trust him and it feels good to have someone care and comfort you when you need it.

So that's why I found my self knocking on ryders shut door. He didn't answer so I knocked again a bit louder. I mean I wouldn't be awake this time either but it was worth a try. I slowly opened the door and walked towards his bed, I don't think he would mind if I squeezed in with him.

I was right up at the side of his bed, my eyes had adjusted to the darkness when I realised that his bed was still freshly made. Ryder was nowhere to be seen, this was odd I could have sworn I heard him go to sleep quite a while ago. What would someone even be doing at this time of night? The only people out this late would either be dodgy drug dealers or people with the midnight munchies.