⚜Chapter 1⚜

Always and Forever

❇❇❇❇

The bond of family is what makes us. It teaches us through life and enables us to stand up for what we believe in.

❇❇❇❇

Flashback, 1680, France

"Niklaus, we need to leave or father shall find us soon." Elijah urged Niklaus so that he could gather up all his belongings and Elijah could begin loading them onto their ship. 

Mikael's presence was nearby and they all knew that it was time for them to flee. Rebekah and Elijah's belongings were already on the ship. 

The two knew exactly how dangerous the situation was.

But this time, unlike every other time that they had fled their homes, Niklaus wasn't eager to run. Instead, whilst Elijah and Rebekah were out making arrangements for their departure, Niklaus had just sat there in the library of their castle and painted. He painted and drank. Elijah couldn't understand the cause of his brother's behavior.

"Oh, what's the use, brother? He will run us out of our next home as well." Niklaus muttered.

"What is your intent, brother?" Elijah asked thoughtfully.

"I don't want to run anymore, Elijah. If he kills me this time, let him kill me then."He spoke gulping down his liquor.

"You're not thinking straight, Nik." Rebekah came into the room, having heard the conversation between her elder brothers.

"Oh, I know exactly what I'm thinking, little sister. You both leave if you want to. I'm not going anywhere." Saying this, he got up and left the library, ignoring all the calls from his siblings.

For more than seven centuries, Mikael had hunted them and never allowed them a moment's worth of happiness. 

Every place they thought of as home, burnt because of Mikael's wrath. And there was nothing either of them could do because no matter what, their father just never let them escape.

By now, Niklaus knew that no matter where they went, their father wouldn't stop coming for them. So for now, all he wanted was for his siblings to go away so he could stay back to face their father. He had had enough of his family being terrorized for centuries just because their father wanted to kill him.

He had given up all hope for a good and peaceful life. He had made peace with the fact that he wouldn't get his wolf back again and now all he had left to lose was his life about which, he didn't care anymore.

Niklaus was walking through the dead silent streets of an eerily calm night when suddenly his supernatural hearing caught whimpers of a person in pain. On listening closely, he realized it was a woman breathing raggedly and in pain. 

Niklaus was quick to speed in the direction of the sound  before coming to a stop in front of an almost dead woman fighting to stay alive. She was heavily wounded and her clothes torn. 

It was certain that the monstrosity of mankind had gotten to her and she paid the toll because of wild beasts in the body of men. Niklaus felt his blood boil at the condition they had left her in.