-Chapter 49-

Clint lands the jet on the platform of Helen Cho's lab facility Steve and I rush in. The place is a mess and in the middle is Helen.

"Dr Cho"? Steve asks kneeling down.

"Was it Ultron"? I ask taking her hand in mine.

"Yes. The regeneration cradle, you have to get it. Ultron is uploading himself into it" She pants.

"Barton you get that"? I ask on coms.

There's a pause.

"Nat is already tracking the energy output of the cradle. Uh apparently Ultron is there he's with the damn thing" Clint says.

"Go, stop him" Helen urges pushing Steve back.

"Helen? Are you sure"? I ask gesturing to her injuries and the destroyed lab.

"I'm sure" She nods.

So we go back to the jet just as Clint is powering up for take off.

"Can you catch up"? Steve asks Clint.

"Watch me" Clint nods.

"I've got Ultron. Nat you and Mia take the cradle" Steve says.

With that said Steve jumps out the door onto the speeding highway on his bike.

While I teleport myself and Nat to the transport truck that is carrying the cradle. Within seconds of landing there are 3 Ultron bots on top of us, we fight them off.

"He's already started the download we have to get this back to the tower before Ultron comes looking for it" I say trying to read all the sensor displays.

"I have eyes on Ultron" Steve huffs over the coms.

"Keep him busy we are going to need time to get this thing off the truck" I say bracing my hands on the wall.

"Copy" Steve replies.

"How exactly are we getting this off the truck and back to the tower"? Nat asks also using the wall for balance.

"I'm working on it ok, let me think" I tell her.

Before I can get an idea out of my mouth the truck pitches to one side tossing Nat and I across the small space.

"What was that? Did we hit something"? I ask standing back up.

"Clint what was that"? She questions on coms.

"Uh four legionaries attached to the truck you guys are about to go airborne" Clint says.

Nat and I share a look of confusion then disbelief.

"Cap how's it going with Ultron"? Nat asks cautiously.

"I'm keeping him busy. How about you two"? Comes the clipped voice of Steve.

"Good just figuring out a way to get it out of the truck and safely to the tower" Nat reports.

Suddenly the back door is ripped off by a particularly angry looking legionnaire.

"Clint? Can you get the jet under the truck"? I ask while blasting the robot.

"Yeah. Why"? He asks confused.

"We are sending the package to you" Nat clarifies quickly as she starts cutting the straps keeping the cradle tied down.

But just as I'm guiding the cradle into the jet we hear Steve call out that he's lost Ultron.

"Found him" Nat mutters grimly as the robot himself appeared in front of us.

I ignore the frantic questions coming from both Steve and Clint instead I focus on trying to grab onto Nat since she's closer to the gaping hole in the truck.