11

I wake up to a meowing in my ears. I roll over and come face to face with a furry little kitten. Instantly a smile comes to my mouth.

"Good morning to you too gizmo." I pet her on the head and decide to get up. I throw on an outfit of blue jeans and a white long sleeve. I check my phone for the time. I'm not heading over to Hadley's to pick her up for her surprise until 10 tonight, it's late but it's going to be totally worth it.

When I turn my phone over first I see the large amount of texts from a miss doll face, at least that's what she is named in her contact, like I made my name on hers fox face. The texts very in Hope you like gizmo, to in all capitals what are your plans for today with an endless amount of question marks.

I press her contact and put the phone to my ear.

"Fox, why would you find the need to call me at such an hour when I know and you know you have no intend on filling me in on any of what's happening today?" She says on the other end I can hear the lace of sass in her voice.

"Oh doll, you are mistaken my plans are not for today." I sigh, holding in my smirk though she can't see me but knowing her she'll be able to tell I've got one plastered on my face just through my voice alone.

"Dustin are you serious? Was that your plan? Get me all excited for this weekend then cancel on me, pretend it's not happening, are you trying to pull a prank on me or something?" She almost yells through the phone.

"You were excited?" I ask her. I can almost hear her stop breathing, I just caught her off guard.

"I mean, yeah..." she takes a pause trying to find the words. "You always have such fun ideas. " nice save Doll.

"I do don't I." I say cockily. "Now before you go and throw a tantrum let me finish my explanation." I say and wait for her reply. She uses her silence to say go ahead. "My plans are not for today, they are for tonight."

"What?" She says startled through the phone. "Like tonight as in night? like dark outside?" She asks

"Yes Hadley that's the definition of tonight, very good. A gold star for you." I say in a baby tone like a teacher would say to a six year old.

"Oh shut up." She says. "You're a lucky one Fox." She says

"And why would that be?" I inquire through the line.

"Just so happens my dads boss gave him the night off, so I am actually available to go out tonight." She says happily. Of course I would have gotten a baby sitter like I did last time with the party if I had to, not like money is an object for me. Though I know how much Hadley hates taking anything I give her.

"Perfect see you tonight doll, I'll pick you up around 10." I say giving only minimal details.

"See you at 10 Fox." She says then hangs up. I put my phone down and wave for gizmo to follow.

"Come on Gizmo, lets go watch a movie."

                 ~                 ~               ~

"Seriously Fox, where are you taking me?" Hadley asks from the passenger seat.

"You'll see" I tell her again. She's been asking every two minutes or at least that's what it seems like.

"Are those the only two words you're programmed to use or something. Other then hey, they are the only words you've spoken." She says. It's not false.

"You look nice." I say glancing over to her even in the dark I see her cheeks turn a light safe of pink. I turn my attention back to the road and finally turn into our destination. I park the car and unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door. Hadley follows.