Chapter 5: I'm proud of you

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

The smell of homemade breakfast made me roll out of bed feeling like I've slept for only 3 minutes. Groaning, I decided to head downstairs after washing up only to find my brother in a "The Best Cook Ever" apron running around in the kitchen.

"Yah! You weren't supposed to be up this early in the morning" he whined placing some pancakes in a plate "I wanted to surprise you with breakfast since you will be busy the next couple of days" he said pouting. "Let's have breakfast together it's been a long time" Seokjin exclaimed while sitting down and pointing over at a seat next to him.

"And how do I know I won't get food poisoning?" I teased him, taking a bite out of the pancakes he made.

"Dahyun-ah why are you so mean?" he whined as he moved away playing the offended card on me.

"I'm sorry please come back" I chuckled, dramatically throwing my hands up in defeat while stuffing my mouth with food.

The food was actually great, I could never imagine Seokjin cooking since he is so clumsy and messy. 

"Who taught you how to cook?" I asked while savouring the sweetness of the maple syrup on the pancakes, humming when the delicious, golden substance hits my taste buds.

"Momo" he said  instantly moving his hands to his face while blushing madly.

"You're so whipped for this Momo girl" I said laughing at his blushing mess "When do I get to meet the lucky lady anyway?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"I- Uhhh" he started, awkwardly playing with his food "When you're done with the concert I'll call her over for dinner" he continued, nervously laughing.

"Yah don't be nervous! I bet she's awesome." I reassured him and sat up from my seat, walking over to the sink to place my plate in. "Gotta run though! I got to finish some lyrics before I head with Namjoon oppa to the venue tomorrow"

(A/N: heres is a friendly reminder; oppa is a honorific term used by younger girls to older boys that are either family or close friends)

Seokjin smiled, his doe eyes shining under the morning light.

[...]

I rsn to the room, opening the window. The morning breeze and sunlight hit past the curtains and filled the small room. I sat on the bed grabbing my notebook and pen from my backpack, focusing now only on writing.

"Don't leave me, please forgive me~" I quietly sing scribbling away corrections on my paper.

I originally started writing this song on the plane on my way to Canada 2 years ago, but never finished because I was too emotional.

Even though I'm not confident in my vocals  I felt like I had to complete and perform it at my first concert back home. The song means a lot to me, it was meant to be a song for my friends as an apology for disappearing so suddenly. Although the chances of the girls actually listening to it are unlikely, I still feel the need to perform it.

The song combines both rapping and singing and I've worked really hard on the lyrics trying to express every emotion I've been feeling the past years with great detail. The good thing is my brother's best friend Namjoon was kind enough to help me with the music and share some great tips for writing.

Seokjin and Namjoon have a been friends since before I was born and we all grew up together, he is like my second brother. When he found out that I'll be having a concert in Seoul he joined the crew and stared working at the venue right away. My brother is really lucky to have him as a best friend and I hope he will always be around.