Chapter 52

Serenity's POV

I took a quick look around and could clearly see how tired out everyone was. They were nearing their limit and this battle was clearly far from over. I knew the only thing we could do now was go on with our plan even at the risk of Unknown not coming to our aid.

I look at Percy and could see from the look in his eyes that he was thinking the same thing that I was. I nod and jump back while Percy takes my place against End. He goes on in a string of attacks, sticking as close to End as possible without raising suspicion, as I fall back towards Poseidon.

Poseidon (worriedly): You okay???

Me (talking seriously): Peachy... Poseidon, I need a favor from you but for that I need to know if you trust me???

Poseidon (tired but firmly): Of course I trust you...

Me: Great... I need you to have my back... There is something I have to do and for that I can't be worried about any attacks coming my way... Can you do that for me???

Poseidon (raising his trident slightly): Sure... But what are you going to do???

Me (focusing): All in good time... Now, no matter what, don't let anyone get near me...

He nodded and rushed into battle attacking any and every monster that rushed towards me with Watery helping out. I closed my eyes and started concentrating. Even though Percy's role in this plan was everything, my role was also crucial and I needed to completely focus.

I had to first identify every demigod, god, nature spirit, and anyone else on our side in the battle field. This part was not that difficult because a small part of my powers were within each descendant of the primordial making it easy to differentiate between those on our side and the monsters (who did not hold even the tiniest bit of my powers). It was a bit difficult because all the evil giants and titans also contained my powers but I was successful able to separate and sense the locations of the good and the bad (with a bit of help from Libra).

The next part could be considered easy or difficult depending on how you perceive it. I had to use Shield to make a layer of protection around those in our side and also the enemy demigods who would fall asleep (thanks to Sleep) within their layer. It was difficult and tiring since I had to make sure I only protected the good and not any of the monsters and I had to ensure that I only put the enemy demigods to sleep.

As soon as it was done, I let Percy know through mind link. He nodded, said a small prayer asking Unknown to come to our aid, as an afterthought he jumped back towards me and with his back towards mine, he spoke...

Percy (glancing at me before stabbing a monster): If I succeed, do I get a reward??? Like a good job or congratulatory kiss??? Maybe a little something more???

Me (rolling my eyes and speaking sarcastically (considering where and when he was attempting to flirt)): Sure... If you come back unharmed and bring him with you, I might consider it...

Percy (pouting): Just might???

Me (fake shrugging (all while keeping the shield active)): I need the results to consider. So yes, just might...

Percy (sighing): Fine... I'll make do with 'just might'...

And with that he jumped towards End and started attacking him non- stop waiting for the right time to start his part of the plan. I noticed Poseidon staring at me with an 'I can't understand look' on his face...

Me (nodding at him): What???

Poseidon (casually): I just don't get how you both can find time to flirt in the middle of a death battle...

I just grinned and shrugged at him. And then it began. I could tell that Percy had started with his part and could only hope that Unknown would come through or it would be us (Percy and I) that would end up destroying this planet instead of End.

Within a few minutes, I could clearly sense it, two strong presences, the stronger surrounding Percy and End, almost like a shield keeping the second presence (weaker than the first) contained. I smirked knowing that Unknown had come through. Apparently non of the gods, not even End, noticed the two presences but then I've been the only one to hang around close to those to be able to tell who is who from just the presence.

The weaker presence grew stronger and stronger (not as strong as the first) all the while being contained by the stronger one. Eventually the stronger presence dispersed while the weaker one rushed towards us in waves pushing everyone, good and bad, backwards. Each of us was trying to keep our ground while being forced to keep our eyes closed.

A few more minutes, and the second presence also dispersed leaving the battle field empty of monsters, titans and giants. Only the army members, gods, demigods (both good and bad (the bad were unconscious), nature spirits and myself remained. Dust and war spoils from the monsters were scattered all over the hill.

Almost everyone noticed immediately, that both Percy and End had completely disappeared without a trace to be seen.

Annabeth (ina panicked tone): What happened???!!! WHERE IS PERCY????!!!!    

*****

How was the chapter??? 

Sorry it was so short, at first I had planned to continue but then thought I'd leave some suspense till the next chapter. Leave your comments below and if you think that you have figured out the 'plan' Percy and Serenity came up with, you could comment or just pm me and I'll tell if you are right or wrong...

Once again thanks for all the views, votes and comments and follows. When I started this book, I had never expected it would end up like this so I'm really thankful...

*****