Fortress Siege - (HyWa) Volga

I had a request to do something with Volga from Hyrule Warriors. I've played the game so I know the characters and stuff lol. Anyways, here it is. I know this ain't BoTW, but it's still Zelda kind of???

Requested by Typhorius

also I don't know who the artist is in that image. crap.

"We're under attack!" I hear the cry of a soldier shouting from outside the castle. The castle is under siege?! I quickly run over to the edge of the walkway to see outside. Bokoblin soldiers stream from the forts and engage in combat with the troops already making their way into the field. I rush over to Impa to tell her of the news, but it seems she's already heard. She and the princess are readying themselves for combat.

"I'll go ahead into the field. Impa, (Y/N), I need you to support me from the back. I'll be fine. Command the soldiers and this fight will be ours." Princess Zelda commands Impa and I. Her eyes have a serious but ready glint to them. There's no stopping the princess when she's ready.

"Yes, your highness," I say, turning around to dart into the field. A bunch of soldiers stream through the gates, but I dart in between them. One without a helmet seems to be cutting down a noticeable amount of bokoblins compared to the other soldiers. I draw my weapon and begin (slashing/shooting) down and dodging the monster soldiers. With each one taken down, they explode in a puff of smoke. Even though this game is already rated T, why not a bit of blood? There's no satisfaction to it. Soldiers and troops from either side continue to fall. There seems to be an infinite amount of bokoblins... jeez. 

"Agh—!" I hear a cry of pain coming from the fortress just up ahead. I look over at Impa's direction, but she didn't seem to hear it. I take it as my responsibility to check it out, so I quickly dart into the fortress. It's the no-helmet soldier from before and a formidable looking opponent. He's clad in red and black armour with dragon-like adornments. He wields a massive, red pike. On his large helmet, he looks to have a weird-looking beard thing. It doesn't look good. Maybe when I'm done with him I'll shave it off. One of his arms ignites on fire, and he draws it back to unleash an attack at the soldier. I quickly jump in the way while pulling up a magical barrier I know. The fire flares around the sides of the barrier. I look over my shoulder and the young soldier is catching his breath. 

"Don't worry, I'll take it from here. You go up ahead!" I call over my shoulder, my voice drowned out slightly from the sound of the roaring fire. He nods his head vigorously. Not a speaker, I guess. Once the fire ceases, he picks up his sword and darts out from behind me. That kid had better go help the princess. 

I distract the dragon warrior while the soldier quickly runs out. He noticed him, but just shook his head. "What a noble effort. Unfortunately, it was in vain!" The enemy shouts, charging at me with his pike readied to puncture me. I quickly jump out of the way and manage to counter his attack. I nearly land it midair, but he whips back around with a massive dragon claw. 

"Nice arm," I grumble, leaping backwards off it. He slashes his arm around somewhat hap-hazardously. Fire and embers flicker off the talon, nearing burning a piece of my clothing. I retreat backwards, readying my next move in my mind. Doing exactly what I wanted him to, he leaps at me with his pike angled down, as though he were an arrow about to strike me from above. I side-step out of the way before he can attack. His pike is stuck in the ground and he's struggling to get it out. I take my chance to attack him while he's open. With enough blows from my weapon, I finally have him pinned down on the ground. 

He thrashes beneath me, but I threaten him to stop by slamming my weapon down beside his head. He growls but stops thrashing around as much. A couple troops cheer in the background but I just shoo them off to continue defending forward. "Not quite as intimidating when you're on the ground," I mock. He just scoffs indignantly. I roll my eyes at his response. "Time to see what you actually look like." I remove his helm. Turns out that the weird beard thing was part of his helm. Now I can actually see what he looks like, he ain't bad looking. He has blond hair that looks like it hasn't been cut in a while and a bit of a softer face than I expected. (yeah i'm just going with the image above) 

"Huh. If you weren't snarling all the time, you'd actually look a lot nicer." I keep him pinned down. 

"If you shut up, you'd sound nicer," he retorts. 

"Ooh, feisty." 

I suddenly get chills rolling down my spine. How did I not notice it before? This guy is enhanced with dark magic. This is most likely the work of whoever is commanding him. "So you've been enhanced, huh? Dark magic." I deadpan. I begin making hand signs to prepare a spell to extract the enhancing dark magic. 

"So what if I have..." he snarls back. If my theory is correct, I can probably get him to leave their side. 

"You know using dark magic is cheating, right? You'll never be truly strong enough." This guy seems like he has an ego issue. Probably wants to fight everyone more powerful than him. 

"I'll use it to fight—," he starts, but cuts himself off, realizing what I said. "Oh." Called it. Ego complex. 

"Join me and I'll help you become the strongest warrior on your own," I increase my weight on his back, both theoretically and literally applying pressure. "Become truly strong and fight those who doubt you!" 

He sits in pondering silence. With a groan, he drags his head so his face is hidden and grunts something. I can hear that he's saying that he'll join. 

"What was that?" I'm finished preparing the extraction spell. With the removal of the dark magic, it will destroy whatever was binding him to his leader. 

"Argh, YES!" He shouts, his face still flat on the ground. 

"Good." I unleash the spell with a large flash. Dark energy flickers off his body like steam. It gathers above him and the spell attacks the ball of dark energy, making it disperse into the air. Sparks from the spell bounce onto the cold grey floor and fade into nothing. "There, you should feel lighter now." 

I get off him and let him stand up. Since I was the one that got rid of the dark magic, he technically has to listen to me. As long as he doesn't betray us, he can do what he wants.

"...Thanks," he grumbles, not making eye contact with me. He goes and picks up his pike. He stands there.... and he doesn't do anything. A couple of the troops who were watching the entire time let out a heavy exhale of relief. He glares at them and they all scuttle off into the next field over. 

"By the way, what's your name? I should probably know since you're a new ally." I ready my weapons again and begin moving into the next field. 

"Volga... you?" He goes to grab his helmet, but I throw a shot of magic at it, knocking it back a bit. He flinches and makes a weird noise of surprise. 

"Name's (Y/N), and I reckon you don't need your helm. A sign that you're with us now." I say, lowering my hand. Volga side-eyes his helmet but leaves it. 

"Let's go," he says, charging out into the field. I follow right behind him. I'll have to introduce him to everyone as our new ally once this battle is done.

Cia is gonna be pissed lmao