Chapter Thirteen: DOLOS

◤ ❝Oh, sweetheart. You have the kind of sadness nothing in this world could repair.❞ ― Eleanor Radnor ◢

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:       DOLOS

November 18, 1996

―――――――――――――

THE DAILY PROPHET

―――――――――――――

INNOCENT! MINISTRY'S OFFICIAL STATEMENT: WEEK-LONG TRIAL IN THE CASE OF ALASTIARE EREBUS

The fourth trial for the late Alastiare Erebus was conducted by the Ministry of Magic's recently-appointed, Rufus Scrimgeour, in hopes to uncover more information about his involvement with He Who Must Not Be Named

The fourth trial for the late Alastiare Erebus was conducted by the Ministry of Magic's recently-appointed, Rufus Scrimgeour, in hopes to uncover more information about his involvement with He Who Must Not Be Named. Senior Undersecretary to the Minister himself, Dolores Umbridge, led the trial by calling forth different accounts of witnesses from Alastiare Erebus' life. A witness from the Battle at the Department of Mysteries (who has chosen to remain anonymous) came forward to reveal new information that was undisclosed until recently. 

"Alastiare Erebus was an innocent man, and these trials are only proving that further. He was a friend to the Ministry, an ally to them when they needed help with foreign affairs for several years. What happened in the Department of Mysteries showed that the man had been living under the Imperius Curse for nearly eighteen years...he is innocent. Would a Death Eater protect the very people he is meant to harm? Of course not. Alastiare Erebus fought the Imperius Curse to save his friend. We should be giving him a medal of honor for his sacrifices," says the witness.

Other witnesses have come to say similar statements about Alastiare Erebus, explaining that he led a life that was not controlled by He Who Must Not Be Named's return. Arthur Weasley, head of the Office for Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects, also confirms that the Erebus family manor was clear of any Dark objects or evidence of He Who Must Not Be Named's influence. With the information that was received, the Minister of Magic has chosen to renounce any and all allegations about Alastiare Erebus, explaining that he was "an innocent man chosen to be a Dark face in this war." 

The Minister continues to seek out other leads to Death Eaters, pushing forth with great success in this war. See yesterday's Evening Prophet for Minister Scrimgeour's statement about their actions against He Who Must Not Be Named and the movement that the Ministry of Magic is taking in defense of his attacks.

―――――――――――――

November 19, 1996