Chapter 6

JACKSON

I was the last one to get into the car as per usual. My silence usually was why I put myself at their backs. Some things no matter the situation cannot change. It was bone-deep. All three of us were seated in the back of the car. Emma was the one making conversation like she usually does. Ethan is a bit out of his depth given the fact he is the one who threatens usually, but he can't do that here for the obvious reasons.

However, it seemed like Emma wasn't up to her usual antics. She was silent, probably because of the awkward tension between us and our grandparents. It was their fault as well as ours. Olivia basically implied that Mom lied to them about being rejected and that she was wrong to run away. I can't stand it when people lie, but Ethan shouldn't have gone off at them. Sometimes, the best reaction is no reaction

Emma attempted to break the said tension by starting a conversation, "So how do the meetings usually go?"

Frank answers stiffly, "The Alphas come out and the representatives of each pack under Blood Moon control come out and summarize what has happened on their territory. There is then some questions which can be answered. It is over quite quickly actually."

Olivia added, "The Alphas mostly stand there looking scary. I mean even before the disappearance of their mate they were cold, but now it is like they have no emotions."

I grind my teeth at the implied insult at mom. Back home, mom always told us that her mom and dad were always very distant and they never talked. So, our grandparents have no right to judge mom. Of course, I didn't say this at loud. That would be hypocritical with what I thought about Ethan's previous behavior. I kept it hidden. 

No one spoke for the rest of the car ride. I think it's just as well. Unless we are putting up a facade, Emma and Ethan have a tendency to be more violent and blunt. Good qualities on occasion, but they got me into more problems than I ever wished to be in. Mostly Emma had a mouth that could snap out come-backs like you couldn't believe. 

One time, our witches gave us a potion to hide our scents when we went into "claimed" territory as humans. We ran into the Alpha of the place and Emma challenged him basically. He couldn't properly answer it because he thought we were humans, but I could tell that he really wanted us dead. Werewolves have a tendency to take disrespect badly, especially the Alphas and such.

I turned my thoughts to something more productive like our sperm donors. I hate the fact that we had to go to our deadbeat fathers for help. I didn't like having to depend on someone else, but I understood the reasoning even though most of the Smith Organization would give their lives for Mom. It was mostly because she had dealt with being rejected by acting as a Luna to them. 

The Smith Organization was a place to join to avoid becoming crazy like most rogues due. All supernatural are creatures that need a group, a place to belong. All of our people were each rejected by their own, so they came to us. We gave ourselves the task of taking down Hunters and helping people. Therefore helping us deal with being official rogues. But the fact that Josh and Chris didn't think we could take on this particular sect of Hunters. . .

That is worrisome. I was distracted from my thoughts by my dearest sister who was busy stating the obvious, "We are here."

Ethan bit back, "No shit, Sherlock."

"What does that make you, my Watson?" retorted Emma. This was a usual argument between them. I chuckled, if those two could still argue, maybe things will be okay. I zone them out as they repeat the same argument. Emma always wins these one way or another. It's scary how she is. Again, her future mate is going to have an interesting time keeping up with her. Maybe she will mellow with age.