ten

friday | san francisco, california

    It was a beautiful Friday night and I had planned on being inside, but Mariyah convinced me otherwise. There was an Alpha party at the frat house just down the street from campus.

Music blasted throughout the packed house. Mariyah and I maneuvered through the crowd, ignoring the lustful looks from the guys. I just hoped that they didn't touch me.

The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song.

Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn't seem to stop.

  The Alphas ran the yard here. I knew most of them. I had more run ins with Cherry, Kyle and Stephen, though.

Cherry's real name was Tyus. He got the nickname because he was so adamant about being a girl's first and popping cherries. Hence the Cherry nickname.

It was weird to me but girls ate it up. He hugged Mariyah and I as we passed by him. The freshman girl he was talking to looked at us funny, but sis didn't have shit to worry about.

Tyus "Cherry" Johnson

"Hello ladies," Kyle spoke as he was leaning against the wall. Mariyah waved while I went out of my way to give him a hug.

Kyle was a sweetheart. He was one of those greeks that you wouldn't know was greek unless he told you. He did his work in the community, in the classroom and wherever else he was needed.

Don't get me wrong, he enjoyed the college life. He was single, too. He just knew what he was here for.

Kyle Thompson

Kyle Thompson

  When I looked up, I rolled my eyes as I noticed Stephen walking towards me. He was the ultimate flirt and had been trying to get on. Sad part was that he had a girlfriend. I knew he just wanted to say he had sex with Nia Cartier.