1

A/N I just want to say this book was inspired by another book called Artwork written by _miiki. You should definitely read it, it's amazing!!! Without further adieu, welcome to Art

1

"If you don't hurry up, we're going to be late," I called to my friend Rain.

We were heading to our next class which was English. Rain and I had been friends for the past 2 years, I considered her to be my best friend. She was trudging behind me, trying to catch up with me, but looking down at her phone causing her to slow down.

"I'm coming, you walk too fast, Jade." Rain huffed.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking at my normal speed. Rain had a habit of ignoring me or forgetting I was even there. At least that's what it felt like to me. It hurts to be ignored by the person you care so much about, but I always carried on and pretended I couldn't' feel the pang of hurt that it always left me with.

We made it to English on time, well at least I did. I sat down in my assigned seat and huffed taking out my notebook. When the bell rang, I watched Rain walk in with a smile on her face as she headed to her seat and greeted her friend, telling her about something that had to do with why she was late, most likely whatever was causing her to pay attention to her phone on the walk here. Trying to ignore the sadness that was creeping its way up to me, I turned my attention to the teacher.

"Alright, we will start today's discussion on chapter 5 of The Great Gatsby-" she abruptly stopped when someone walked into class late. "Mr. Styles, when you stop coming into class late, I'll stop giving you detention." she glared at him as he took his seat.

He just grunted in response, not seeming to care that she is constantly giving him dirty looks and detentions. Harry was definitely...an interesting guy. I didn't know much about him other than the fact that he comes into class late and is extremely attractive...like criminally attractive. I've never spoken to him before, and I highly doubt I will ever talk to him, not that I mind.

Harry is one of those people that catches your eyes, and yeah, his looks do have to do with that. I don't know, he seems kind of intimidating with the whole 'I could care less' vibes that he gives off. I zoned out while the class was discussing the chapter we were supposed to read, it's not like I read it so my input doesn't really matter anyways.

"Read chapter 6 and 7 tonight, we have some extra time left, so I suggest you use it wisely and get a head start on your reading." Mrs.Bradford said walking to her desk.

I looked at the clock, there was still about 15 minutes left of class, how dreadful. I took out my book to try and catch up on my reading, meaning that I would start reading the first chapter of the book, but it was hard to concentrate with the giggles that were coming across the room from Rain and Alexa. I rolled my eyes and ended up rereading the first sentence over and over and over again.

The bell soon rang dismissing us and I waited by the door for Rain to head to the next class. I had a photography class next and that was my favorite class. Not only because of the people there, but photography was just something I really loved. Art in general was something I really loved.

The walk to photography class was silent, I didn't really feel like talking to Rain, and she didn't feel like talking to me. It's been like this for the past couple of weeks. I wish I could say that I got used to it, but it just leaves me feeling lonelier than ever. When I got to the classroom, I said goodbye to Rain before I walked in.

"Hey, Jade!" a voice called and I turned my head in their direction. "I need to show you this photo I just edited."

Fiona was one of my friends in this class. She is super sweet and is full of life, I can't relate. I smiled at her and headed to her table. Fiona wasn't the best photographer. She couldn't really capture the image before her, and when using software to change the lighting or add effects, she wasn't that great with it either. She always came to me asking for help or advice, and I was more than willing to help her out, so it wasn't really a surprise to have her show me her work all of the time.