Fifteen.

Next Day

2:23 pm

Dave's POV

Waking up, I groan as I sit up in my bed and look around. I lightly smile and look down remembering what Faith did in the early morning hours. That was like nothing I've ever experienced. She definitely "snatched" my soul, like the females say.

Getting up from the bed I make my way to my bathroom. I notice I'm weak in the knees while I'm walking.....aw hell nah. She really fucked me up. Her birthday is in a few days and after last night and the way I'm feeling? Oh yeah it's lit. I jumped in the shower and got dressed heading downstairs to see my parents chilling in the living room with Kairi.

"Oh look who's up," momma said sarcastically, chuckling. "Hey son. Your plate is on the counter with the foil on it. When you warm it come in here and talk to your dad and I."

I nodded and made my way into the kitchen. Removing the foil I see that it's grilled chicken and a salad. After I warmed my chicken a little and added my dressing I made my way back into the living room. Kairi walked over to me and, of course, started to pick from my plate.

"Hey little butt. Can DaDa get a kiss?" I puckered my lips waiting for her to show me some love.

"Ummmm sure!" she leaned over and pecked my lips quickly then went back to eating from my plate. I shook my head while laughing then I looked over at my parents who were already looking at me. This look was different though. It was like they were studying me.

"What?" I chuckled. "Why y'all looking at me like that?"

"You're glowing." Momma said.

"That lil nigga got some last night." Pops said to my mom. "You got some, didn't you?" He smirked at me.

All I could do was laugh. This man is crazy. "Nah Pop. I didn't "get some" last night. I told you. We chillin. I'm just happy."

"What are you happy about, son?" My mother looked at me and smiled. I think she already knew the answer. "Faith?"

I looked down and smiled. Yo I've never been giddy about a girl. I don't even remember being like this with Kairi's mom. Ever.

"Awwww my baby." She reached over and rubbed my face.

"See. I knew it Faye. He sprung." He said before looking at me. After he said that, my mom got up with Kairi and left the living room. "You sure you want to do this?" He asked once they left.

I had a frown on my face. "Whatchu mean do I want to do this? I am doing this."

"I'm just saying. You have history with Millie. Yeah she was jacked up, but so were you son and she was right there with you. With this girl, you gotta start all over. Plus isn't she kind of....you know..." he trailed off, beating around the bush.

"Kind of what?"

"Uh big?"

My face held a confused expression. "Nah. Curvy? Yes, but she ain't big. Where this coming from Pop. I thought you were feeling her?"

"Eh. Not really." He got up from his seat. "Just don't count Millie out just yet. Remember she's Kairi's mom." And with that he walked out of the living room.

......Now he got me second guessing.

——————

Faith's POV

I haven't talked to David all day today. He hasn't reached out and neither have I so I'm not pressed. I honestly don't feel like being bothered today. I just want to be alone and chill. Watch some Netflix or Hulu and just lounge. Everyone has those days.