Chapter 5

Liana

"No." I said pretty surprised by his question and he sighed in relief.

"Can we have another chance?" He asked looking hopeful and Stacy's words started ringing in my head about regrets and mistakes. I made a mistake and I want to correct it before I regret more...

"Ain't you dating?" I said to him and this time he was surprised.

"Absolutely not. You thought we broke up? I thought we were taking a break." And I blinked and process the words in my brain.

"Megan?" I said trying to ring some bell.

He chuckled. "She is just my good friend."

"Are you sure?" Because to me it didn't seem like she thinks they are friend, with the way she glared at me- thinking I didn't see when she left Oliver with me.

"I am sure." He said. "I miss you."

"I missed you too." And the next time I burst into tears. I don't know if it is a sudden decision just like last time, but this time I don't want to have the same regrets like I had this few months without him.

"We have to talk about it." He said as he hugged me. "We can make it work."

After my sudden outbreak, I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt and Oliver smiled at me. He give me his handkerchief to wipe my face and I looked at him.

"Where are you staying?" I asked him.

"Hotel." He said.

"With Megan?" I asked and he nodded, but quickly added. "Separate room."

"You should get going. It is late." I said to him not really sure what to say.

"I stay near-by." He assured. "Let's go for dinner. Do you know any good place? I am hungry." He whines and I was surprised with him whining. I would have never imagined Oliver whining in my entire time that I have known him.

"I know a really good Italian restaurant." I said.

"That's great! Is it close by?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Five minutes walk from here." I said pointing straight. As we walked in this beautiful place call Seattle. I finally was looking forward to going out somewhere with someone who I know.

"Do you stay close by?" He asked and quickly added. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to and I look at him.

"If we want to make this work, I think it is better we communicate with each other rather than hearing from someone else." I said.

"Communication is the key here." He agreed. "Are you uncomfortable with the security ideas?"

I nodded my head. "I don't want to be followed. I feel uncomfortable."

"But I want you to be safe." He said.

"I know, but I am not ready for these, yet." I explained.

"We will take it slowly." He said and this time I was the one who agree with him.

We stood outside the small Italian restaurant and waited to be seated. The young woman working there who I had befriended last time, smiled at me.

"Finally, found a date?" She winked and I laughed.

Oliver asked for a place away from crowd which ended us at the corner of the room, it was nice actually sitting at the corner. Oliver ordered some wine and asked me to recommend him some food that he should try.

"Their pizzas are actually really good here. It is the best." I said in approval. "Their Italian cheese balls is great too!"

"You are a regular here?" He teased.

I smiled. Once we finished ordering he asked me,

"So where do you live exactly?"

I pointed to the building across from here and he looked at it and nodded.

"Why are you planning to move here?" I asked him.

"Do you want the honest truth?" He asked "because you said communication is important."

"Of course, I want the honest truth."

"Part of the reason is you and the other part is because I am starting a business here too."

My eyes widened. "What do you mean part of the reason is me?"

"You are here and I thought that I have reflected enough that we can make this work." He said so confidently that it surprised me.

"How do you even know I am here? Did you again stalk me?" I frowned and folded my arms and looked around to see any suspicious guy who may have followed me.

"You told me." He said and I raised one of my eyebrow.

"Well-Okay, I used Stacy's phone."

"You did not!" I said annoyed now. "You just stole someone's privacy."

"Not exactly, I asked her permission to use her phone."

"She allowed you?"

"Of course. I am charming, who can refuse me?"

I rolled my eyes at his word and Zoe came to place our appetizer.

"This is the first time I am seeing you so lively.It suits you." She said to me and I smiled at her.

"I think I am pretty good." Oliver joked and Zoe laughed.

"Maybe? Maybe not?" She said and chuckled as she walked away.

"You are so funny now?" I said not sure if the term 'funny' is the right word.

"I reflected on myself and I think that I haven't been having fun." He admitted.

"I can't disagree with you." I smiled and he chuckled lightly.

"So you mean to say I was not fun before?"

"You were fun, but mostly you were uptight and less carefree?"

"I like this." He said all of a sudden and I looked at him confused.

"We, sharing our thoughts and communicating."

"We should have started before." I said pursing my lip together.

"We can start now." He said with a small smile. "A little late, but it is better than not even trying."

I agreed with him. Our dinner went with us talking about our six months and it feels incredibly weird that only six months have passed, but things have definitely change because time never stops for anyone. Oliver's plan to start a business here all of a sudden was Grayson's idea from five months back and he said he was not sure why, but now he figured out and was glad to accept it.

I told him about his moving here was a decision that till now I am not sure if I like it or not.

"Why Seattle?" He asked me.

I looked at his handsome and curious face.

"because Seattle is my escape city." I said to him.

Author's Note: Hello Beautiful Readers, thank you for reading this book. Please give this book a Vote and share it with other readers. Your vote will be really appreciated. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!