Chapter 1 Original Fate

This chapter is basically a summery of their original fate and how things should have went. It's from Susan's point of view since she rarely made an appearance in the past chapters. 

When I was writing this arc, I envisioned Susan as the type of person who thinks with her heart and not with her head. 

Susan was born to a very rich family and as their only daughter she was pampered from a very young age. As she grew older, she began to feel that everything should go her way, so when her parents arranged a marriage for her without her knowledge she was furious.

During her last year in high school, her parent's business fell, and they hovered on the verge of bankruptcy. Unable to deal with the issue themselves, they agreed to have Susan marry the son of another rich family in exchange for their financial aid.

Susan's parents didn't think what they did was wrong. If their business failed, then Susan would be in trouble as well. They figured that it would be nice if they could secure their business as well as Susan's future. The other family's son was capable, handsome and very charming, they felt like he would suit Susan well.

However, Susan didn't share the sentiment. She felt as if her parents were simply selling her off in order to maintain their lifestyle. After graduation, Susan didn't waste a single second and immediately ran off to university in a foreign country. She wanted to prove that she could take care of herself, and in a way she did.

Although Susan could act very spoiled and willful, she was also very intelligent. There was something about her that was able to soothe the minds of those around her. So, although she didn't have her family's support, she didn't have a hard time in college.

After Susan finished college, she was even more resistant to the idea of returning home. She had grown used to the taste of freedom and refused to return home where she would be chained down in an arranged marriage. She knew that if she married the man that her parents chose for her, she would lose everything she had worked for.

So, she didn't return home, instead she began making her own living.

After a few years Susan thought that her parents had given up on the idea of marrying her off, it was only when they began suppressing her career opportunities that she realized that they hadn't. Furious, she called her mother and demanded that they stopped, but they didn't, in fact it only got worse.

When she was at her breaking point, she received a job opportunity from the Thompson's. They were desperate, their son was showing signs of depression and they were afraid that one day he would do something that he would regret. They weren't worried about the consequences of helping her, they were only worried about their son.

Relieved, Susan took the job. It wasn't what she usually worked with, but she figured that she would be able to help their son anyway.

At first, he rarely spoke to her, he didn't ignore her, but he didn't initiate any conversations either. But when he finally opened up to her and began confiding in her, they quickly became friends. The more time she spent with him, the fonder of him she grew.

She never stopped to wonder whether she was doing the right thing or not. She loved the feeling of being with him, and that was all that really mattered at the time.

As time went by, Susan began receiving more and more calls from home. They did everything they could to put a stop to anything that was preventing her from returning home. It made Susan feel stifled.

Reaching her breaking point, Susan finally agreed to return home. But before that she had to break the news to Mason.

Susan had to admit she felt guilty about how she ended things with him. She had intended to settle things with him peacefully, but things escalated and the two got into a fierce argument.

It was a few weeks after she returned home that she received news of Mason's death.

At first, she was shocked, but once the shock wore off, she began to feel guilty and sad. She blamed herself for his death. If she had just resisted her family more, if only she hadn't waivered.

Once those thoughts entered her head, they refused to leave. She found herself wishing that she could go back in time and change everything. She found herself wishing that they had never met.