Chapter One: A schemer is born

Ah, I finally got hold of my newest horror collection! Time to post a selfie with this to brag to the whole world that, at last, I had my hands on this beautiful specimen.

La di da~ Ooh! The lighting here inside the office is awful. Let me scoot over to the window to get an even better picture. Hmm, that's odd. I can't seem to capture a proper picture. Maybe, I have to sit down on the windowsill to get a beautiful background of the sky behind me.

Okay. I sat myself on the railing but my book slipped out of my hand and fell outside. I panicked so out of desperation, I tried to snatch it back, only to lose my balance.

So, I slipped and fell out of the window. Oh also, I died.

-

When I woke up, I was lying in the softest bed ever. Hmm. I tried to fix my eyes on the ceiling, only to be greeted by dangling stuffed animals above me. Strangely enough, the side of the bed I was lying in had some sort of railings as if it was trying to enclose me in it. I rolled over and I have just yet to realize that I could not utter an intelligible word at all.

Was this heaven? Far from what I have imagined or any of the other people's versions of paradise.

I scanned my eyes across the room and I realized that it was actually a gigantic place and everywhere I see was filled with stuffed animals and dolls. The room also had furnitures but they were all in pastel colors and had ruffles and laces all over. Did God somehow had a penchant for this? And when would I be meeting him?

Another fact that I have just discovered was that I found it hard to sit down nor stand up. Could this be hell, after all? Was my punishment to stay in this enclosed bed forever and to never touch or eat anything outside this just like the myth of Tantalus or something? I bet it must be because I could totally smell the delicious scent of chocolate chip cookies wafting in the air. Ah~ I'm hungry.

My ears peaked when I heard the sound of a door opening. I rolled back over to see where the noise came from. Ah! Maybe God or the Devil was here to judge me now. I was scared.

"Marcella~" A voice muttered.

Unlike from what I was expecting, it was neither the voice of God nor of the Devil's. The voice was feminine and sounded like an angel's. Maybe, this was truly heaven, after all! Hurrah! I may have been a good person in my life.

But wait. Who was Marcella? As far as I know, that was not my name. Maybe, the angel had someone else with her?

A beautiful face appeared in front of me and I was speechless. She had auburn hair that flowed into luscious curls. Her nose was long and her lips were a light touch of vermillion. However, what made me even more dumbfounded was the colour of her eyes. Her eyes were of indiscernible colors which kept on shifting from gray to green to blue. Honestly! What were the colors of her eyes? Were these special properties of an angel?

"Marcella," the angel said and she carried me into her arms.

Wait, what!

Did she just lift me up like I was some sort of baby? I looked at my hands and lo and behold- they were small and my fingers were like that of a toddler's! Ack! What is happening?

The angel cooed. "You have been getting heavy these days, my sweet little Marcella," she nuzzled her nose on my cheek, "I'm delighted that you are growing up healthy! Your father would be proud."

What in the- Growing up healthy? Father? By that, did she mean God? Was I growing healthy enough to be a proper angel or something? Ahhhh! Everything is so confusing.

"Ufufu," the angel smirked. Now, she looks scary. "With this lovely face of yours, how could your father even resist? I would've borne him a boy but an only girl in a family of boys is better! You shall be spoiled by your father and doted upon by your brothers. Ufufufu, and I shall be promoted as the lady of this house! Ufufufufu."