chapter twenty-four

the   music   festival

your p.o.v

          "We never really get to talk ___-chan." Natsuki said thoughtfully as we walked down the hallway side by side. "I wish we were in the same class." He then sighed.

          Glancing up to the tall blonde, I couldn't help but smile, my arms empty for once since I left my laptop behind in my dorm room. "I gave you that song a week or so ago and we got to talk some then, remember?" I reminded him.

          "But that was a week ago!"

          "Have you started writing the lyrics to the song I composed for you?"

          Natsuki nodded, his wavy blonde hair bouncing some with the action as we turn down the corner to continue down another hallway, one of many within Saotome Academy. "I'm nearly done with them! I love your songs ___-chan- I wish I could always sing your songs and your songs only." He said genuinely.

          "Well, after this assignment I might be able to write for you again." I mused. "Ryuuya said that our projects from here on out will be done in groups so I'm sure we'll get the chance to work together again soon."

          The bubbly blonde's smile only seemed to brighten at my words. "That makes me so happy! I'm sure Satsu-chan will be happy to work with you again too."

          "You think so?" I asked with a teasing grin. "Because something tells me I annoyed Satsuki more than he liked me."

          "That's just Satsu-chan being Satsu-chan," Natsuki reassured with a laugh, "he likes you just as much as I do.~"

          "If you say so."

          Today's the day of the music festival where a number of us composers and idols will have our songs heard by a true audience and so my tall blonde friend and I decided to head off in search of our friends before making our way down to the festival together. No one will be performing until a little later into the evening meaning we have all of the day to just enjoy the music festival, listening to different artists as well as having fun with one another for a much deserved day away from the stress of school. Granted some of us will still have to perform like Otoya, Masato, Syo, and Natsuki, but that's much more preferable than having to deal with writing a new song right this second or just having to attend class in general...

          With soft knocks, Natsuki and I waited outside the door to Masato and Ren's shared dorm room. The other students more or less paid us no mind this time around which was surprising to say the least. I think after months of repetitive gossip, even the students who don't like me have grown bored of always trying to find something new about me to scrutinize. That takes a shocking amount of effort and we're all swamped with assignments and really no one has the energy to keep this little childish game up anymore.

          The door to the dorm room opened with a click, Masato standing there dressed in a simple white button up shirt and black dress pants, looking handsome as always. "___, Shinomiya, I wasn't expecting to see you two before the festival." He said as he glanced between the tall blonde and myself.

          "We're going to be heading off to the festival a little early so we can hang out and wanted to see if you and Ren would like to come with us?" I asked with a bright smile.

          The blue haired idol student thought for a moment before slowly nodding. "Alright, let me go find my shoes and then we can leave." He said, stepping away from the door and disappearing off to his side of the room.