Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Realization

Izuku felt his breath fogging out of his mouth. It's been 2 hours since they've stayed there. The two felt a bit worried that they would be stuck there forever.

Ochako spoke. "D-Deku" Her mouth chattering.

"I know" He told her as he tightened the hug, feeling Ochako's body getting colder and colder. He tried his best to warm her up as much as possible. "Don't worry, I-I'm here"

The silence came in, as the fire crackled in the area. Ochako looked down, with her stomach feeling tightened up. She felt her mouth trembled even more with her words completely blocked. She wanted to say something but it was so difficult for her to. She couldn't help it but shut her eyes, ready to tell him.

"Deku-kun. Why were you av-"

"There they are!"

Someone shouted from the outside of the cave, pointing a flashlight directly at them. The crew immediately help the two and carried them by wrapping their arms around the back of their necks to give them support.

"What's the meaning of this?" Mr. Aizawa asked sternly.

Ochako then told him. "I'm sorry, Sensei. I was the one who crossed the rope and I was the reason why the two of us fell down because Midoriya tried to save me"

Mr. Aizawa sighed with frustration in his voice. "Is there anyone hurt?"

The lady nodded, looking at Izuku. "Midoriya has a big cut in his arm when we fell down"

"Alright, you will be taken to the infirmary immediately when we get back, Midoriya" He told to the injured student.

Izuku nodded in return. "W-Where are the others?"

Mr. Aizawa answered back while they were walking. "They are currently doing the activity with Mrs. Joke" He then proceeded. "As for you two..."

The two gulped and looked down, waiting for his answer.

"...are going to get the marks"

"What?!" Both of them said in sync, looking at the guy, stunned.

"Because of what I have just witnessed when I entered the cave. You two seem to appear with a fire next to you. That was your doing, right?" He continued.

They nodded in return.

"That was our activity for tonight so I will consider giving you marks but, because of you breaking the rules, there will be some deduction in your grades" He added and the two frowned in disappointment.

The crew used a big ladder to go back up the steep ground and to the main land. All of them then arrived at the place itself. Everyone, Izuku and Ochako's friends, saw them in surprise and immediately ran to them.

"Midoriya-kun!" Iida said, running towards him.

"Midoriya!" Both Todoroki and Kaminari called as well, going to the boy, with tears of happiness in their eyes.

"You look awful! What happened to your arm?!" Kaminari asked in shock.

Izuku chuckled nervously. "Ah, well...-"

"He saved me when we fell down the cliff" Ochako answered for him.

"Really?!" The three of them said, looking over to the guy. Izuku nodded, shyly. "Amazing, Midoriya! You saved Uraraka back there?!"

"Okay, that's enough, we need to bring Midoriya to the infirmary now"

"Oh, sorry" Iida apologized.