Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - The Unexpected Wilderness Camp

Today was the day. The first of day of Izuku's class' Field Trip. More like Wilderness Camping. Since, the whole trip is all about survival skills. Izuku looked rather nervous. Not just because of his lack of physical strength that is granted for the trip, but the fact that his partner for the whole 2 days was the girl that he didn't want to be with.

Izuku would always look at Bakugou to make sure that he doesn't look too irritated but who could blame him? Bakugou is always like that. He always ensure that the distance between him and Ochako wasn't too close.

In the bus ride, luckily, each bus were separated for boys and girls. So Izuku and Todoroki sat together while Ochako was sitting next to Tsuyu. After that, they have reached their respective venue.

Everyone gathered in the place. They were infront of a big building and next to it was a forest.

"Listen up, everybody, first of all, go find your partner" Mr. Aizawa told to the two classes.

They all then went to their partners. Izuku started to sweat and looked for Ochako while Ochako did likewise. After that, catching her eyes, he went straight at her, avoiding the contact. Ochako noticed it. The awkwardness in Izuku. She started to frown in disappointment with that reaction. It feels like he wasn't happy to be with her anymore.

When they both stood next to each other, silence filled in between them. They both didn't say a word at all. That's when the awkwardness starts kicking in. Ochako tried her best to break it since the rest of the groups were already getting along. Why can't Ochako do that to him anymore? It really does bug her a lot.

Mrs. Joke then announced. "Alright, everyone, has everyone got their emergency bag with them?" 

All the students nodded in return. "Now, for our first activity, you will be given a piece of paper and there are things listed in there. So, it is your job with your partner to collect these stuffs. Easy, right? Oh! And this small axe for each group" She said as she showed the small axe.

"These materials are needed for tonight's activity" Mr. Aizawa added. "One important thing, you all have to keep in mind. There is a white rope tied around this forest. Do not past these ropes for it is set as a boundary, so off limits. It is for the sake of your safety because the area beyond that rope is dangerous, understand?"

After finishing the announcements and rules, Iida raised up his hands. "Sensei, what happens if we didn't manage to collect one of these items that is listed in this paper?"

"If you and your partner couldn't get all items then tonight's activity will cancelled for you two and your grades will be deducted" He answered to him.

Everyone started getting worried with the first activity. Izuku rested his chin with his finger. "This will be harder than I thought" He said to himself.

"Let's do our best, Deku-kun!" Said the girl next to him, showing him two of her fists infront of her and her sweet grin brightening.

Izuku flinched and started to blush. His eyes looked away and he smiled, awkwardly. "Y-Yeah"

Ochako's smile then faded away as she frowned again. His attitude is changing and she wasn't so happy to see it right now. She just hopes that this camp isn't going to be just an awkward one just because of Izuku not talking to her. But she knows she has to keep up that smile in her face no matter what.

"Oh, crap. I forgot my medication" Iida said to himself when he checked his bag.

"What medication?" Tsuyu asked him.