Chapter:1

Kera's POV

I stand on the porch and stare at the beautiful house before me. "It's beautiful." I say and Mrs. Blanche smiles brightly. "This one is the best out of them all." She says. The older lady looks utterly happy with my choice of words

Her curled salt and pepper hair shines in the morning sun as they move wildly with every movement she makes.

"Really?" I ask with a huge smile on my face. Mrs. Blanche nods with a small smile.

Truth be told, I do not have to see the inside to know that I love it. The outside is just so beautiful. I bet the inside is just as stunning.

"Let's go in." She says and we head to the door. While she was struggling to get the door open, I took the time to look around the neighbourhood. All the houses are very beautiful and well taken care of. The grass patches are all neatly trimmed with flowers and little plants on the sides.

The different browns all clash and form a serene feeling over the whole neighbourhood.

"You coming dear?" Mrs. Blanche's voice breaks by train of thoughts. "Yes, sorry." I say softly and she just giggles. The old lady has been all smiles since the day I met her. I want to be like that when I reach her age.

I step into the house and the familiar scent of cinnamon hits my nostrils. I take a deep breath and smile. My family's house would always smell like this. No matter the day or occasion.

I look around and taking the beautiful dark wood floors. They look shiny and freshly cleaned. The glass sliding door allows you to see the outdoor lounge with the barbeque and a glass table with chairs surrounding it. My eyes widen when I see the large pool near the lounge area.

"There's a pool!?" I almost yell.

"Yes dear. I didn't mention it to you because I wanted to surprise you." She says and I can't help but chuckle.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Blanche." I say and walk up to her hugging her tightly. She hugs me back and pulls away after a few seconds.

"Call me, Mae." She says and I nod.

"Let's check the rest of the house out." She says leading me to different parts of the house. Everything was perfect. Everything looked brand new and clean.

The grey walls suggested black or white furniture. The kitchen is the best part. It has white marble counters with a matte black faucet. The silver appliances look untouched aswell as the double door fridge.

We walk up the stairs and I see how spacious the rooms are. The master bedroom has a floor to ceiling window facing towards the back of the house. One can see the few houses and lots of greenery that is out there perfectly. You can even see into the neighbours back yards without a problem. Both have rather large pools.

"This is perfect, Mrs. Bla-Mae." I say looking away from the scenery to her.

"So, you taking it?" She asks with hope and I laugh. "Give me the papers." I say and Mae cheers.

We walk back downstairs and I sign the paper that state the the house is officially mine. We walk out of the house and Mae locks up giving me the key. "You are going to have to change the locks dear but use this one for the time being." She says and I nod.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you need such a big house for one person?" She asks and I chuckle.

"My parents are divorced and prefer not to have any contact with one another. I also have many cousins who would constantly be staying over. That I am sure of." I say and she laughs and the loud roar of an engine sounds down the street. We both turn to look at where the sound is coming from and I see a guy on a motorcycle coming up the street. He stops at the house next to mine, at the end of the street and removes his helmet.

Perfection does not even come close to describing the beauty under that helmet. A man with beautiful stormy grey eyes and dark hair is shown. The piercings make him look even better. His body looks very well built from where I can see and he also looks very tall. What am I even saying, everybody is tall to me and my 5'1 height.

He looks over to us and smirks. "Hey Mae. What are you doing here. You're supposed to be resting with Mr. Blanche at home." The beautiful man says as he walks up the porch to where we are.

"You are starting to sound like him. I was just here to show this fine young lady her new home." She says pointing to me with a smile.

He nods his head at me with a cold look in his face.

"Parker." She says in a warning voice and he sighs.

"Parker Matheson. Nice to meet you." He says sticking his hand out to shske mine. The tattoos on his neck and hands don't go unnoticed.

"Kera Martins." I say shaking his hand briefly. His rough, manly hands feel odd against my soft one's. I pull away after holding his hand for to long and my shoes become the most interesting thing ever.

"I will see you around Mae. You to Kera." He says, hugging Mae and walks down the porch before disappearing into his house.

"Sexy isn't he." Mae says and I gasp. "Mae! I don't think Mr.Blanche would be to happy with that statement."" I whisper yell. "What? I give credit where it's due. Besides, I didn't mean sexy for me." She says with a smirk.

I just shake my head with a soft giggle.

"I have to agree with you, Mae.*

****************************
Ayo!!

First chapter of my second book! Hope y'all enjoyed.

The male lead for this book is Stephen James. Not that you can't imagine anybody you want. The rest of the cast is totally up to y'all.

Vote*
Comment*
Share*