13.

'Meg what the hell are you doing at Moretti Mansion?' I stared at that text from Amy

'Meg what the hell are you doing at Moretti Mansion?' I stared at that text from Amy. I wouldn't say that I hadn't thought this before. Ever since Gigi's engagement announcement party, everyone had simply assumed I'm Leo's girlfriend. For some unknown reason, Leo and I played along. His parents liked me and I loved watching that irritated look on his face while I assumed the role of the perfect girlfriend. This fake girlfriend act has annoyed Leo so much; the look on his face was simply priceless. Before I left Gigi's party Leo's mother invited me for their Sunday brunch in the infamous Moretti Mansion.

I explained everything to Amy in a text and she sent me face palm and eye roll emojis. She was totally against the idea of me being Leo's fake girlfriend. She'd briefed me about the bloody history of Moretti Mansion. Apparently, a gang war went wrong and some members attacked the Moretti Mansion where many people were killed and some family members were injured too. The scar on Gigi's arm was a result of this. Long story short, Amy felt it was utterly unsafe of me to be there. Honestly, I was a part of a heist to rescue Andrew from a gangster warehouse; I don't think a brunch could get more dangerous than that.

"So Meg, how did you and Leo meet?" Nico, Leo's brother asked. 

I briefly glanced at Leo; he was trying to hide his apparent confusion. I had no clue why both of us were playing along but we just were.

"We actually ran into each other at the airport our bags were swapped and we got into a bit of an argument."

I figured if I was lying, I might lie as close as possible to the truth.

Leo continued, "And later I find out she's the famous wedding planner Gigi has been going on and on about. We had such bad first impressions and I was skeptical about Meg but I recalled an incident which Gigi told me one about the rainstorm..."

I sat upright, trying to remember what Gigi was talking about.

Gigi cut him off. "So during Selene's wedding rehearsal, there was this bad rainstorm, there was no electricity and we were so scared. That time Meg was so calm. She called in some favours and made sure that everyone reached home safely. She stayed there until every last person had reached safely. I liked that Meg cares about people. And, I wanted such a dedicated wedding planner for my wedding."

Leo smiled, it was those one of those rare genuine smile. "That's what made me change my attitude towards her. In fact, that's what made me like her too." The last part was almost a whisper.

I almost choked on my drink. Did he say he likes me? Okay Meg, breathe he's still just pretending. I glanced at his him and he avoided looking at me.

"Ugh duh but you guys have no chemistry." Bianca's nasal voice cut across the room.

Bianca was apparently a family friend of the Morettis who had a history with Leo and was now with Leo's brother Nico. She had been glaring at me and I was motivated to put on my fake girlfriend act.

"I for one am glad that at least one of my son has been raised right to bring home a capable and intelligent woman." Leo's father spoke up.

Leo let out a chuckle while Bianca looked away. Clearly, no one had the courage to oppose the Don Moretti.

"She reminds me of Sofia so much. Leo even looks at her the same way Frank used to look at Sofia." Leo's mother said.

Before I could ask who were Frank and Sofia, Leo abruptly got up from the table and left. His parents looked so upset.

"I'll check up on him." Alex said sheepishly.

"I'll come with you."

Alex let nodded slightly, as if giving me an approval to join him and Leo.