14

Please forgive me for being so late.

•••••••

"For the last time Stella, nothing happened! You hear me? Nothing." I tried explaining her for the umpteenth time now.

"Then why did he said that you are his girl?!" She argued back.

"How'd I know?!"

It had only been one lecture since Dante pulled the 'Sorry Stunt' and I was already receiving the glares and stares from his girl fam. All of a sudden, I was the spotlight of the school and even those guys who were way out of my league were starting to give me those creepy looks.

And, the drama doesn't stop here...

Catherine Wallace, the queen bee of the school has started considering me as a competition because that's what the queen bees do- Consider the low keys like me as a competition and makes our life a living hell, but I don't think I'll have to worry much about me getting bullied because I have the lady mafia with me all the time, aka, Stella Williams and Mr. Hot Shot, aka, Ethan Watson, my two, all time, unpaid, bodyguards.

"You surely are hiding something." Ethan said, accusingly.

"I swear, I am not!" Maybe a little, but no one needs to know what happened behind those closed doors. I was intending to keep it a secret for as long as I can. And even though the guilt of not telling Stella was killing me, I would rather much prefer it if that incident stays between Dante, I and the walls.

The day passed with me ignoring Dante as he kept walking behind me like a lost puppy which I should mention, has been happening a lot lately. Finally, it was time to leave and I have never been more happier in my life.

As I was walking down the corridor after dumping all my books in my locker towards the parking lot where Ethan and Stella were waiting for me, I bumped into someone— someone, whom I never wanted to meet alone for the rest of the highschool. Someone who had the audacity to destroy me in just the click of their fingers.

"Winters." Her voice boomed through the empty corridor. Consider it as cliché, but there was honestly no one besides us in the corridor and even if there were, I don't think anyone would want to come and rescue me.

"It's Summers, actually." I corrected her.

"Winters or Summers, whoever you are, just take my wordings as a fair and square warning. I don't want you near him ever again. You get me?" I gulped down in fear and stepped back a little because standing before me was none other than Catherine Wallace, wearing a pair of tight high waisted jeans and a hot singlet.

If only I had that body.

Her black eyes were piercing right through my soul making me want to shit my pants, literally. She was scary, there was no doubt in it. I have never had an encounter with her before and I was really glad for that, but as they say- There's always a first for everything.

I could daily hear some rumour about her in the washroom and few of them rumours including students leaving the school because of her and I for one was definitely not intending to be that student.

"You get me?!" I heard her ask angrily, as she stepped closer making me look down at the ground in fear.

I nodded my head, nevertheless.

"Good girl. You didn't stand a chance against him anyways. Just look at you." She continued and my eyes started getting wet.

One thing I hated about myself was that I could never stand up for myself and I was so grateful to God for sending me a best friend like Stella who was by my side, no matter what.

If only I wouldn't have stayed back asking for that stupid history question!

"Aww, is the poor little nerd going to cry now?" She taunted, stepping even closer.

I know, I wasn't the best looking, but it really hurts when someone insults your appearance just because they are better gifted than you in almost every department.

The smell of her rich perfume touched my nose as she stood just no more than two steps away from me. Her 5'8 height towered over my 5'5.5 frame and the heels she was wearing was not helping my case either.

She could just squish me with those heels!

I was just a second away from breaking into fist of tears when a very angry voice roared through the corridor.

"Take one more step and I will forget that you are a girl."

"Klaus."

"Consider it as a threat or a fair warning, but if I will catch you near her again, be prepared to say goodbye to this school."

"You cannot threaten me with your mother, Klaus."

Did I mentioned earlier that Klaus's mother is the principal of the school? My bad.

"Looks like I did."

She walked away, stomping her feet angrily not before giving me that death glare. I released my breath I didn't know I was holding all these while and inhaled deeply from letting that stupid tear escape.

"You can stop staring at the ground now. It's not even that interesting." My cheeks went red in embarassment and I looked up, finding him standing right before me.

"T-Thank You."

"Gotta help my buddy's bae." My eyes widened on the mention of him calling me his bae. I was sure, there was no comparison between the tomato and me and at this rate, I could even surpass it.

"Blushing already?" There was a hint of amusement and tease in his voice. To stop myself from getting anymore embarrass, I walked past him and towards Stells and Ethan.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Stella asked as soon as I came before her vision. She had her phone very tightly clutched in her hands, meaning she really lost it.

Anyone would, considering I was almost half an hour late.

"Did the professor went a little more extra on you and gave you the questions for two weeks like before?" Ethan asked and I shook my head in refusal.

"Wait, why are you all red?!" Her voice filled with curiosity.

"It must be the sun, isn't it?" Ethan asked and Stella gave her a deathly glare for assuming such stupid thing.

"It's, erm, Catherine-"

"What the fuck did that bitch do?!" She spoke even before I could complete my sentence and then I told them, everything from her stepping into my personal bubble to the role of knight in shining armour played by Klaus and everything in between.

The only response I could hear from both of them was,

"That bitch is so dead."

••••••

It's almost the end of winter and I am already tired of the sun