16| Don't

• • •

Alex made sure to grab a more secured lock mechanism as he high tailed out of the warehouse.

His busy demeanor along with his pace made sure it evaded everyone of interest and his hardly spoken to acquaintances, Alex however, made sure to offer curt nods to men rushing about, whether planning the next heist or working about the cars that were soon in due for exporting.

Like all major companies built on top of a criminal regime, his father's business was no less well known, it was the third rule in the code of conduct.

A cover up was necessary.

The Federal Bureau would be sure to get overly suspicious of an unknown business using up so much finances which would lead to deeper investigation plus even though the money could never be traced back to them the last thing the needed was the FBI knowing an organization as huge as theirs existed in America.

Such problems that his father made sure to avoid by building a business which rose itself out of the ground. From the current standings, the FBI wasn't too close to discovering them.

But, what Alonzo's words burned into his mind.

How could he forget the tape?

Never in history on all his missions had he ever made a fuck up like this, a fuck up which could possibly cause him his reputation among the other ranked members and his family's invisibility among investigating officials. 

He was getting sloppy and he had a good enough idea the cause.

But in a way, he hadn't failed. He had managed to have a sweet little talk with that crime lord and now he had the one thing that almost burned a hole through his hand the moment he held it.

The chip.

Of course technically, he hadn't lied to Ameena, the man was trafficking helpless girls but that only scratched the surface.

He had the one thing that everyone, from the largest mafia family in Russia to the chief of the Federal Bureau. Terabytes of information that the crime lord had spent decades collecting with all his resources. Everyone knew it existed but no one knew who had it, until now.

Alexander unsurprisingly was the one chosen for this mission.

Jack Willson, the drug lord he had killed without hesitance made it easier on his part. Jack had intended to spend the night in his penthouse with two measly bodyguards at the door and a bed full of women who was only attracted to the weight if his wallet. Everyone had a price and those girls were easy to convince.

The power went up to Jack's head and he got three bullets to it in the end for that.

In his world, information was power. Alex had the power now. He'd have to hand the chip over to his father sooner or later but for the time being, he had a good enough hiding place.

He grinned internally before stepping out of the corner and walking to the men who stood rigid at the door.

"Benny, Paul" Alex nodded at both security guards who stood at the entrance to the garage lot. Both men stood tall, had a different shade of skin and identical tattoos which snaked up the skin of their neck.

They turned, punching the code into the operator before it slid open, showcasing an empty hallway which held the stairway to his freedom.

Alex had taken a different route akin to the previous one, wanting to avoid as much gang members as possible.

He was in no mood for small talk nor was he in any mood for that matter to meet up with Bianca again.

As he got of the stairwell and entered the lot, he slowed. Eyes immediately going to the cctv camera which circled the room with hawk-like eyes.