Chapter Sixty Six

Rosé

"Daniel."

With eager eyes, I stare at his back as he opens the refrigerator door. He grabs a water bottle and twists it open to drink it. But still, no response. I bite my lip nervously.

"Daniel." My voice is small and cautious.

Nothing.

"Daniel." With a sweeter voice, I coo his name.

Walking up to him, I wrap my arms around him but to my disappointment, he pushes them away. I back away so he can close the door. I watch him walk into the living room, I follow him like a lost puppy.

"Baby." I softly say but Daniel gives me a dead-serious stare.

I gulp and sigh. I walk over to him and trail my hands up his toned chest and onto cradling his cheeks.

"You can't stay mad at me forever." I say with a hint of playfulness, but Daniel's eyes are hard.

"Watch me." He grasps my wrists and removes my palms from his cheeks.

I watch as he slumps down onto the couch.

I was over the moon when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I only wanted to tease him but Daniel was annoyed and angry. The car ride back to his apartment was tense and I was silently scolding myself for being such a stupid idiot.

I didn't know Daniel would get so angry. I thought he would take it with a laugh, chase me through the party, and kiss me until I said yes. But nope, that never happened. Now I'm here, trying to apologize for acting so childishly.

I chew on my lip and sit beside him on the couch.

"I won't tease you like that ever again, I promise." I softly say.

Daniel doesn't even look at me.

"I don't care."

"Daniel," I whisper, sadness engulfing me, "I'm sorry."

My eyes water and I feel so lost. Daniel's eyes stare at me, giving me a longing stare before a cheeky, huge grin falls upon his lips.

"You think I can actually stay mad at you?"

My lips part in shock. He was faking it the whole time? He never got angry? I feel so played. Daniel laughs at my misery and I smack his chest with a pout.

"You're a jerk."

I hate him. Daniel grabs my arm and pulls me on top of him, his eyes locking to mine with adoration.

"I can't stay mad at my girlfriend."

My guy pushes hair away from my face with a stupid smile on his irresistible lips.

Just hearing the word girlfriend ooze from his lips like butter gets me all giddy and happy—I fall back on a cloud of happiness. A smile engulfs my face and my cheeks blush.

"I'm your girlfriend..." Beaming, I stare at him like an overjoyed freak who's high off candy.

Daniel laughs with his hands resting on my hips. I admire his beautiful features. The eyes I fell in love with. The lips that kiss me so sweetly and roughly.

"I'm sorry," he breaks the silence, "For making you wait. I was afraid of fucking up and hurting you. I wanted to be good enough for you, Rosé."

I shake my head, tangling my hands in his hair and leaning into him.

"I told you, I'd wait for you. As long as we're together and love each other, I don't want anything else. You're good for me, Daniel. Never doubt that you aren't."