chapter 01

san wooyoung

san found that staring at clocks did not make them tick any faster. to his dismay, they only seemed to tick slower, the hours dragging on while information he never really processed was forcefully shoved into his unwilling brain.

of course, he was talking about school.

it really wasn't so bad most of the time, but in classes like calculas, in which none of his fellow students were worth any of his time (none of them ever were, but this class was particularly bad), his will to live plummeted drastically.

you see, san didn't have many friends; nor did he care much for social hierchy, but his lack of a social circle really did not help pass the time, and calculas happened to be a class in which twats resided in.

park seonghwa, unfairly gorgeous and a complete twat, crushed on by everyone in the school, including san's best friend; yeosang, was the first ingrediant to his shitty class.

next up, choi jongho, not only totally full of himself and thought himself better than everyone else, but also san's brother. they got along okay at home, but school was a nightmare. san was just jongho's shadow, overlooked and unimportant. jongho cared about social popularity; san did not. they were not friends at school.

lastly, song mingi; aspiring sportsman and also dating san's other best friend, yunho. (secretly, of course, as mingi's friends were homophobic.) just add hwang hyungjin and lee minho, and the recipe for pain was almost complete.

there were others in that group, but none who were asigned to san's calculas, thank god. for example, jung wooyoung, who could be in this class for all san knew, but wooyoung skipped most classes to smoke or cause trouble behind the building. no one knew a lot about him except that he would probably beat you up, and definitely break your heart.

a paper plane flew across the room, landing on san's desk by his elbow. he ignored it, but someone persistently kicking the back of his chair drove him to the point of clenching his fists so hard his nails dug into his palms to keep himself calm. he gave in, grabbing the plane and unfolding it with shaky hands.

'what's sucking dick like u ugly fag?'

san crunched the note up and turned around sharply, glaring at the sender (lee minho) and throwing it in his face.

"i'm not gay, you jerk." san spat, voice more stable than he felt.

minho chuckled, high-fiving seonghwa. "sure you aren't."

fuming, san jerked back around, very used to this kind of harassment, and both he and minho missed the slight look of hurt and disappointment hyunjin gave minho from the other side of the class.

the problem was, san was gay. or bi, he didn't really know. he didn't want to label himself or make himself a bigger target at school, so he never addressed the confusing feelings he felt for the passing above average in looks male.

when the bell finally sounded throughout the school, san shoved his things into his bag and made to leave the classroom hurriedly. of course, a peaceful exit was just not realistic for him, so he was almost immediately blocked by jongho and his posey.

"move out the way, dumbass." mingi said annoyedly, shoving san in the chest lightly. this was completely unfair in san's eyes, and he glared at mingi knowingly, like, we both know you're fucking my best friend. mingi seemed to get the message, averting his eyes and stepping back awkwardly.

"what the fuck? you guys moved in front of me, you move." he wasn't really in the mood for this, and the fact his brother just stood there and let it happen upset and annoyed him profoundly.

"woah, the quiet nerd has a tongue! i wonder who's ass it's been in." minho laughed, and the rest of them joined in, chuckling along. san clenched and unclenched his fists, breathing steadily in the pattern he had been told to do not to panic.

after the laughing died down, jongho patted minho on the back and grinned at san, his other arm thrown lazily over seonghwa's shoulder. "okay guys, that's enough. leave my little bro alone." little bro? what the fuck.

hyunjin raised his eyebrows at this, smirking at jongho. "aw, protecting your brother, jongie?" they all laughed again, and jongho shook his head, kicking hyunjin lightly.

"nah, but if i don't act like this my parents will cut my card. plus, they just stopped sending him to counsiling so we have to be 'gentle'." that was private information.

"speaking of your parents," seonghwa began, all of them losing interest in san as he became invisible again, "i heard they're on a business trip from tomorrow. that means your house is free, right?"

"yeah, totally free for a while," jongho smiled. "we'll be having a party there tomorrow, if that's okay with you?" he asked san, and once again, they all laughed, and walked out the door, not waiting for his answer.

"it's gonna be wild." he heard seonghwa laugh before their voices died down further along the corridor.

great, he thought, another sleepless night closed in my room, pretending i don't exist.

san wooyoung

wooyoung was minding his own business, smoking a cigarette whilst leaning againt the wall behind the school, when his peace and quiet was interupted by the obnoxious voices of his friends.

"wooyoungie!" seonghwa sang and put his arm around him. "there's going to be a wild party tomorrow night at jongho's."

"i'll be there if there's hot girls and a lot of alcohol." he stated, blowing a ring on smoke which hyunjin unelegantly choked on.

"there will be," jongo nodded, glancing uninterested over at minho who was violently patting hyunjin on the back while the latter doubled over with coughs. "say, let's make a bet."

wooyoung raised his eyebrows, only half invested in the conversstion. he didn't think much of bets, as it was likely for him to lose them. "what kind of bet?" mingi leaned forward, cocking his head to the side.

minho smirked, ceasing his patting momentarily. "a bet against wooyoung." fuck.

"good idea," rasped hyunjin, glaring at wooyoung. "he can't refuse and will almost certainly lose."

"no, come on guys-" he started, aleady knowing this would end badly, but he was interupted by seonghwa.

"i bet you you can't go to that party without getting drunk and sleeping with somebody you only just met."

a chorus of 'oohs' sounded in the group. "and if i lose?" (which he was determined not to, but probably would as he did this at almost every party he attended).

"if you lose," jongho chimed in, "and do end up drunk sleeping with someone, you have to get tutored by my brother."

wooyoung groaned internally and outwardly. "tutored? that's the best you can come up with? why not make him fall for me or sleep with him or something?"

"i thought you were straight?" hyunjin questioned accusingly.

"i am."

jongho shook his head. "that's too easy, san would never sleep with you and he'd fall for anyone who was nice to him." a moment of silence. "but with tutoring," he continued, "you'll have to spend time with him and be forced to actually give a shit about school."

mingi whisted and minho crossed his arms, while seonghwa just pursed his lips in thought. hyunjin remained quiet, not big on the idea. "spending time with san is punishment enough," minho started. "why should he be forced to make an effort with school?"

"it's all part of the plan." jongho smiled slightly. "the more punishment for wooyoung, the better. and san will play along perfectly without even knowing."

"it's a deal."

after saying these words, wooyoung threw his cigarette away absent mindedly and sauntered away, followed by all but hyunjin and mingi.

"i bet you 200 wooyoung is totally going to fall for jongho's brother." hyunjin whispered to mingi who quietly shook his hand.

so that was... something

thanks for reading, x