Attain

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Locks clicked, one sealing and another opening. Things were forever moved, and smiles and smirks ruled the morning hours.

A clicking sound resonated throughout the apartment, which caused (f/n) to stir in her sleep some. From her lips, a light moan escaped, and she rolled more into the blankets. Her head moved off of the pillow and onto the other blanket. Due to the change of surface, she steadily opened her eyes before she groaned at the light coming in. Soon enough, a shadow blocked her from it.

Looking up, she spotted Edmund crouching in front of her. "Good morning, (f/n)." He reached forward and brushed back some locks of her hair. His fingers twirled a few strands between them before he dropped them. "Do you feel alright?"

She leaned into his touch and tugged on his hand when he started pull away. A chuckle emitted from him before he took a seat next to her. (F/n) moved her head onto his lap and mumbled out, "I'm fine. I only had two glasses." Her right index finger poked him lightly in the side. "You finished the bottle." Now, all of her right fingers moved to his side before they played with the fabric of his black jacket ... Jacket? He wasn't wearing one last night.

Lifting her head up some, she noted that he was in his day clothes. She furrowed her brows and sat up fully, much to Edmund's hidden disappointment. "When did you change?" A yawn past her lips, and she covered her mouth some before she blinked some sleep out of her eyes.

"While you were sleeping. I woke up early," a small smirk touched his lips, "as usual." A pout formed on hers, and she crossed her arms, letting the blanket slip down her form more.

"I had woken up before you when I had spent that first night at your apartment." He was about to speak, but she beat him to it. "But, you have woken first the rest of the times when either of us have stayed over at the other's." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe, I'll get lucky tomorrow morning and be able to make you a surprise breakfast."

"Dinner might be better," he joked, and she threw the nearby pillow at him afterwards. Of course, he caught the flying object, causing her to roll her eyes again. That was when she noticed something else peculiar. All of her things were gone, except the blankets, pillows and one of her outfits.

"I had moved everything while you had been asleep too." She stared to him. "And, I had locked the door after me. I would never leave you so vulnerable to others." Her lips parted, but he shook his head. "I wanted to, and I have to head out to work here soon." A frown appeared on his lips, and a rough sigh parted from his mouth.

"It isn't that seller from before, is it?"

Edmund shook his head. "No. I'd never do business with him again after those frames. I have to have a word with the security at one of my stores after I check the video footage. Someone might've stolen several hundred dollars worth of crystal beads." She raised a brow at how that could've gone unnoticed. "I don't know how the guard missed that footage, but a worker called me this morning and said that two whole rows of crystal beads were missing and none had been sold the previous day."