Plan Gone Wrong

The air in the tent was full of emotion

The air in the tent was full of emotion. Despite their want to accompany them Nia had managed to talk Jade and Lynn into staying. Coaxing them into taking care of Atlas while they were gone.

"I'm so tempted to leave you behind as well." Nia spoke gently to Fox who was readying her blades.

"You couldn't if you tried." Fox responded putting the last knife in place.

Nia smiled lightly before stepping toward her. She played with the ends of Fox's hair, remembering a time when she was a scared girl who couldn't wield a weapon. She let the hair slip from her fingers before unwrapping the covering on the table beside them.

"At least 6 years was enough time for you to better your skills. I can't talk you out of going but I'd feel better if you carried this." Nia held out her sword to her. Lexa's sword hadn't left her hip since Indra had given it to her and now she felt it was time to pass hers on.

Fox was hesitant to grab the handle because it had meant so much than a sword. It was what Nia had held for years. It had seen many battles and now it was in hands that weren't as experienced.

"Are you sure?" Fox asked unsure at the notion.

"You've earned it." Nia smiled at her. "I'm proud of you, Fox."

Before long it was time for the army to head out. Tate was close by Nia and Fox's side in case anything would go wrong. They crept close by the rock wall to kept out of sight of the gunners.

"Two pillboxes, just like Echo said." Bellamy notified the others behind him. Gunshots sounded in the distance catching their attention. "That's our signal. It's working. They're moving out."

Octavia held her sword high signaling for the army to move as quiet as she could. Everyone venturing into the canyon on the lookout for anything that might be thrown their way.

"You did your best to stop this. In the end, if we have to fight, it's better to win." Nia could hear Indra's words as she walked by Bellamy.

Nia was worried about how this battle might go. This was nothing like the ones she had fought even the ones against Skaikru. It was unpredictable. Her fears were only confirmed when a gunshot rang out and a small boy fell.

People crouched at the sudden shot. Nia pulled Fox to her when suddenly more shots rang out. The enemy hadn't gone like they assumed and they had just walked into an ambush.

"Attack!" Octavia commanded from the front of everyone.

Tate had shielded both girls and moving them under cover. Nia had opted to not carry a big gun but was persuaded into carrying a pistol. She fired from her position but her shots were futile.

Bellamy's gaze shot around, looking for any sign of Nia and Fox until he saw them safety covered with Tate nearby. His sister however was exposed to any shot that was flying their way and went to get her covered.