Chapter 6

Liana

Oliver give me a questioning look, "Stacy told me she was starting a business here and I thought why not?" I said.

He nodded his head. "Do you really like it here?"

"So far.. it have been lonely. The place is beautiful. I didn't get the opportunity to explore yet, but one day." I said.

"We should explode together." He said looking so determined that I looked at him with a small smile.

"What is your plan here?" I asked him.

"Like I said I came here to buy a house... seeing that you lived in Downtown area I should get an apartment close by too." He said.

"But shouldn't you buy somewhere close to your workplace?" I said.

"I am just doing some exploring and projects here and working from home." He said. "Yes, from time to time I have to go to NYC, but so far it should be good."

"Isn't that a big move?" I said.

"It is a little risky and something I wouldn't have consider few years back, but we don't want regrets later, do we?"

"What about the regrets if it didn't go as you plan?"

"It is call mistake, we all make some kind of mistakes and we learn from it." He said. "It's time for me to expand a little in my business too."

"All about risking?"

"All about risking." He agreed.

"You have your securities with you?" I asked.

"All the time, since I decided to come to the spotlight." He said.

"Why all of a sudden?" I said.

"It was not all of a sudden.. since meeting you I wanted to do that, I was not sure that time, but I decided to just go for it."

"You look handsome in the magazines." I said honestly.

"Don't I look good always?" He teased and I laughed.

"You are confident now." I said smirking.

"Confident because I know you agree with me."

I shake my head. "I am so curious to know your new you."

"It's not the new me.. it's just the me, that I didn't show anyone."

"It's time for you to open up about it.."

"I know." He said.

Our dinner went really well and I enjoyed us spending the time together. When our dinner was over, it was obvious both of us was hesitant to leave each other now that we spent a little time and communicated.

"Uh- you want to see my apartment?" I said.

"Sure." He said surprised by my sudden invitation. "The apartment from the outside does not look that bad, how is the inside?"

"It is actually really good." I said.

We walked to my apartment building and Oliver was calculating something when we were walking in. He checked the front area and looked around and seem like doing a mental calculation of the building and giving it a score. This apartment is not the fanciest, but it is better and of course the cheapest in the area that I can afford.

"It's not that bad." He said as we stepped inside the elevator.

"The place is convenient." I said to him.

"Do you want to come tomorrow with me to look at the house that I bought recently?" He asked. "There will be renovation done before moving in, of course, so in the mean time I will be staying in an apartment." He said.

"Tomorrow?" I said. "I am free after 11 am. Is that fine?" I asked.

"What are you doing exactly tomorrow?"

"I have an interview to give tomorrow."

"What interview and with who?"

I give him a mysterious smile.

"I thought it is about communication here." He frowned.

"It is.. but I don't want to give any false news or hope to anyone and especially myself, so after the interview I will let you know."

He disagreed with the idea. "It is keeping a secret then?"

"If you promise not to interfere with anything." I said to him.

He paused to think. "I can't really promise that, if it hurts you in anyway I will step in. Is that better?" He asked.

"Then how will I learn my mistakes?"

He thought again. "Mistakes that can be prevented, should be prevented." He said in such an obvious tone that I shake my head.

"Either you agree with me or we are not moving forward."

He sighed and said, "tell me about it."

"You better keep your promise." I said. "I applied at Platinum Publishing House. It is down the street."

He paused to think.

"It is a small company.. it is famous here, but not that famous around the world." I said and he nodded his head in kind of understanding way.

"Well, we can go right after your interview is over. I will wait for you." He said and his eyes shone in the dark, maybe because of the lights in the room or he is excited for something.

"Sure?" I said. "Is she coming with us too?"

"Megan?" He said. "No..I didn't tell her about my plan for tomorrow. Honestly, she doesn't know why I am here for or my plan of moving here."

I tilted my head and looked at him, confused. "Why?"

"Grayson said not to tell her for now." Oliver said. "That guy knows a lot of things, but he will not tell me the reasons, but he will tell me to do this and that and it always have a good outcome." He smiled lightly.

"How is he doing?" I asked. I do kind of know he is doing great at school because Mia have a big mouth, but I want to know from Oliver.

"I think he is doing great." He said. "Far from great." He laughed.

I laughed too. It felt great to laugh and to have emotions like this again. It was a rollercoaster of emotions for me for a while. Watching him so carefree and relaxed made me feel home.

I looked at Oliver and I smiled, He is the home that I have been searching for. He is the home that I need.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this book a Vote and share it with other readers. Your vote means a lot. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!