Part 6 'bring him home'

Streams softly burble in the background as I make my way past the outstretched underbrush and thick foliage. I can hear the far away pounding of water falling into the thirsty abyss.

Most of us walk around barefoot even though wearing shoes is viewed as added 'armor' and comfort. Our roads and pathways aren't made of cement or gravel. Instead, under our feet is always luscious grass.

Even if bushes and trees grow over time, that's fine. Each one of us knows the way to where we want to go. Children won't get lost. Nature is our friend, how can we feel like it's an inconvenience to walk around a few things?

Taking no time to admire the breathtaking waterfall my feet have brought me to, I jump. My descent is made with grace as my wings rip through the air and catch, shooting me up into the sky.

If there is still a sane Given out there, rest assured Crest, I will bring him home.

I cruise just above the clouds in complete contentment. The ones containing water make my nose tickle. Ah flying, whether it be, above my land or out into the unknown, It's an unexplainable and incredible feeling.

After a while, from the corner of my eye, I can see a solitary jet approaching from my left some couple thousand yards away.

My kinds existence is not a secret. Every higher up knows we're not a silly myth, compared to those further down the ladder. But there is a rule in place aiding us in staying a mystery in the public eye.

For any journey outside of the territory, you and two other dragons must receive permission and travel together. There are many safety guidelines as such. Most never dream of leaving boundaries, so it's rarely a concern.

I don't have to give the jet any signal telling him I have clearance to pass through; only above military bases and alike do I. I know the pilot is gawking at me right now. For them it's like seeing Santa on his sleigh being pulled by reindeers through the sky. It's unrealistic and shocking for humans, I understand.

After a few drawn out minutes, the jet's pilot snaps out of it and dives down under the clouds. It's a punishable violation to follow or engage a dragon. Humans are afraid of things they can't explain, or even better yet, control. I'm only glad that, unlike other things they poke and prod, they leave us alone.

Dragons are op, but not invincible. Hence the three dragon outing rule.

Upon coming across the land connected to the first pack on the list, I swoop down out of sight. I can only hope it won't take too long to find Given, or at least a lead.

What I've figured is:

Gold Fang pack is nothing special.

Long pack could hide a dragon easily.

Ghost pack due to how they crave power would most likely recruit a dragon if they had the chance.

Quest pack accepts everyone, so a dragon could be welcomed in and protected. But, with the recent issue, I doubt my Given is there. It would have been written in my report that a dragon emerged fighting off the conspirators.

It's a twenty-five percent chance of picking the right pack, assuming he's in one of these four. Please be. If he's not...I'm..sorry Crest. This person right here doesn't run on flipp'n coffee and sandwiches.

A/N Sorry for the even shorter chapter. I'm half asleep rn (。-_-。)