Chapter 1

Lalisa (Lisa) Manoban, 27, Surgeon.

She stared at the dining table with drool flowing out from her mouth uncontrollably. She had no idea what the special occasion was that made her parents invite her to come over. They were living in the same city, but being the responsible adult she was, she lived in her own apartment in the central town.

Three days ago, Lisa was busy playing with her phone when it rang loudly, making her almost got a heart attack and accidentally crushing her game. Lisa wouldn't stop jabbering the poor old lady for at least 30 minutes and her mother's ear literally burnt ad a payback for her deed. The point of her mother was revealed in fifteen seconds; "Be back on Saturday night for dinner".

Lisa was so grateful to have a parents just like her mom and dad. They were annoying sometimes actually but whatever. She loved her parents especially when her mother made her favorite food.

Lisa ate greedily, not noticing the disgusted look from her parents. Don't blame her, however, she rarely eat that well. She only ate properly when she had the time, or when her lazy ass was not lazy enough to make something other than cereal. Lisa honestly can't cook, she might burn everything.

In the middle of her meal, Lisa's father cleared his throat. At first she ignored it, whatever her dad wanted could wait. Her stomach? Not really. Then he purposely coughed loudly to get her attention.

"Yes dad?" Lisa asked, barely glancing at him.

"Honey we are worried about you." Her mother said.

"You are too skinny, darling. Do you eat regularly?" Her dad participated in the conversation.

"You have bags under your eyes. Did you sleep at all? We know you are busy, but sleep is important."

"Yes, and yes, mom and dad. Don't worry, I'm fine. Also, I'll be very glad if you stop staring me like that, let me eat in peace." Lisa smiled sweetly with sarcasm written all over her face.

She continued eating, but of course, her parents weren't nice enough to annoy her.

"I want to ask you a question, honey. May I?" Her mom asked.

"Can't it wait? Like a couple of minutes until I finish my food?" Lisa said.

"No, it can't actually wait it's important"

"Okay, shoot." Lisa said nonchalantly

"Are you getting laid regularly?" Her mom asked. The question was dead serious and Lisa looked up, horrified towards the older male version of her. Suddenly, her wild appetite was gone, and was switched to nausea.

She knew it. Something would definitely come up. Formal dinner with her parents is always a disaster.

One time, when they celebrated Lisa's graduation at her apartment, her dad wanted to impress her about his cooking skills and set the kitchen on fire. There was another time when Lisa brought her girlfriend to meet them, her mom (she admitted it) spilled a bowl of ice cream on her girlfriends dress. The first sentence that came from girlfriend, Tzuyu, after dinner was "We're through". It has been 2 years and she never dated anyone ever since. There we're still other stories about dinner, but she preferred to not recall those.

This one is definitely going to join the list.

"Are we really talking about my sex life?" She asked, concerned.

"Yes." Her parents answered at the same time. Lisa rolled her eyes. It wasn't a secret since they were all close, but this was still an awkward issue to discuss.