Chapter 2

John's Pov

I was surprised when I heard those words from her.
Have I really changed that much? I am still treated like a cripple in school, and I hang out with her after school. I don't really remember doing anything different from before.

"What are you saying Sera I am still the same"

"No you are not" she countered.

"How so?"I asked.

"You said you saw Gavin bullying someone yet you walked away as if nothing has happened. "

"But Sera Gavin would have beaten me then. And besides, even if I helped him the same thing would have happened again the next day".

"Earlier you used to help anybody in trouble you didn't even care about getting beaten up or whether how strong is that person. You always looked out for others regardless of your powers. And I really admired that about you John I really do."

I stayed silent.

"But now you act like you are indifferent to all things. You always ask me whether something is troubling me but you never share your problems with me
She was right about all things she said. I am still hiding my secret from her, but I am afraid that she will treat me differently after she knew what I was like.
Maybe I will be able to gather enough courage to tell it to her in the future, but not now. I am still not ready yet.

"I am sorry Sera. I didn't know that it was troubling you. It's just that I don't want to get hurt now.
You see I am sick of all these meaningless fights.
Every day, I wake up, I know how the rest of the day is going to be. It gets really frustrating at times." I let out a sigh.

Suddenly, I felt a pat on my head. I looked up to see Sera was stroking my hair with a warm expression on her face. She kind of looked relieved.

"I am glad that you have opened up to me. Remember that you are not alone in this John. You don't have to keep it all to yourself I am always here for you whenever you want to talk. Just don't keep it bottled inside you for long. It really hurts a lot this way".

"I won't". I smiled at her.

"Sera I want to ask you something".

"What is it."

"How about we stick together and fight as a team. In that way we will be able to protect each other from the bullies. Plus we will get a lot of opportunities to train together to get stronger. "

"I liked the idea, John. But I don't think I will be able to help much. I am even weaker than you now. Maybe you should look for someone stronger".

"Are you kidding me? "I almost snapped which caught her off guard.

"You are the strongest person I have ever known. "

"But that was when I had my able-"
I cut her off.
"It doesn't matter whether you have the ability or not. You are a fast learner Sera and you have improved so much since the last time we trained together. "

"Geez, what has happened to you, Sera!. The Sera I know is strong, confident and beautiful, who can literally kick anyone's ass"

After realizing what I have said just now I was blushing. Even though I meant everything I said, it was still embarrassing.

I looked at her and saw that she was blushing as well.

"I meant to say that you are stronger than you give yourself credit for." I scratched my cheeks that were turning red.
I averted my gaze so that she won't see my flushed expression.

"Thanks John. It feels good to hear that you still have confidence in me. I am so glad that I am friends with you." She smiled at me.

It was such a long time since I saw her smile. The way her cheeks flushed her eyes beamed at me she looked so cute, that I couldn't get my eyes off her.

I quickly thought of saying something before she catches me staring at her.

"Say, Sera how about we go to the mall for shopping today, after school. "I suggested.

"But didn't you hated shopping," she asked.

Well that was because you made me carry all the bags.
"I am willing to make an exception today. And I know how much you like shopping."

"Aww aren't you sweet" she pinched my cheeks.

"Just don't get too much used to it."

She playfully punched my arm.
We spent the entire recess playing piggy crush and comparing our high scores.

Soon it was time for class and we have to part ways reluctantly. But both of us were looking forward to the school to end so that we can meet again.

'Time seems to fly a lot faster when we are having fun. If only moments like these last long...'

____________________________________

Hey everyone it's my first time posting a story in Wattpad so I hope you like it.

I should have written the author's note in the first chapter but I forget to write due to all the excitement.
Any suggestions to improve will be highly appreciated.

The next chapter will be from Blake's point of view.
Hope to see ya soon.