Chapter 11- Bowling

Sawyer's POV:

"Why are you not ready!", Lydia yelled at me, bursting into my room.

"Because I like to sit around in my sweatpants while reading better than getting dressed.", I replied, looking up from my book.

"Well, I'm going to go pick you out an outfit, and when I'm done you better put it on.", she glared, going through my closet. "Ew, we need to go shopping for some more clothes for you, Sawyer." I just rolled my eyes. "Put this on.", she said, throwing a raspberry colored cardigan with a tight-fitting black tank top. "Wear some darkwash skinny jeans and black boots with that.", she ordered with a flick of her hair. I did as told because we all know that it wouldn't be pretty if I didn't. "Come on! We have to get to Allison's!", she shrieked, pulling me out the door. The drive to Allison's house was short, considering we didn't live that far.

"Hi! You two look cute!", Allison complimented, letting us in.

"I know, I picked out both of our outfits, and now I'm going to pick out yours.", Lydia responded before we traveled up a staircase into Allison's room.

"Since I'm no good with this fashion buisness, I'll just let Lydia handle it.", I told the them, plopping down on the big bed against the wall. Allison began holding up tops for approval, and Lydia was muttering 'pass' to everything.

"Let me see.", Lydia said, moving Allison out of the way to get better access to her closet. "Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass on all of it! My respect for your taste is dwindling by the second!" She finally held up a cute, black, sparkly top, "This one." Mr. Argent, who kind of scares me, walked into the room, carrying his jacket.

"Dad! Hello!", Allison said through clenched teeth.

He sighed, "Sorry I completely forgot to knock. I just wanted to tell you that you'll be staying in tonight."

"But Dad, I'm going out with my friends tonight!", she complained.

"Not with some wild animal out there killing people. No more agruing." And with that, Mr. Argent left the room.

"Somebody's a daddy's girl.", Lydia mused

Allison put on a purple beanie, "Sometimes, but not tonight." She walked out her window onto the roof and did a flip off, landing perfectly on the pavement. I watched her with shock, and she must have noticed because she said, "Eight years of gymnastics. You two coming or not?"

"Yeah, we'll take the stairs.", I muttered, pulling Lydia with me as I ran out her front door.

"Okay Sawyer, this is your blind date, Ryan.", Lydia chirped, making me look up to see a guy who looked like a mini-Jackson and reeked of way too much Axe standing in front of me. I recognized him from the lacrosse team. Stiles was right.

"Uh hi, I'm Sawyer.", I said awkwardly.

"I know.", he smirked back, looking me up and down, then walking back to go sit with Jackson. Lydia followed shortly after, only leaving me to tag along since Scott and Allison went to go get bowling balls. It was Lydia's turn first, so Jackson ran up behind to help her bowl, it didn't work so well. She got a gutter ball on the first try, and only knocked down one pin after that.

"I suck at this.", she huffed, sitting back down in her seat. Allison, being perfect at everything like she is, was an amazing bowler, and got a strike. Jackson also got a strike, causing Lydia to erupt in cheers.

"You're up, McCall.", he sneered, sitting back down.

Allison nudged him in the side with her elbow, "You can do it, Scott." No, he can't, you haven't seen him bowl yet. Ryan's hand was resting on my leg the entire time, and it was starting to make me uncomfortable. I tried to shift away, but his grip only tightened, so I just stopped trying. Scott walked up, took a deep breath, and released the ball, but as soon as he let go, the ball rolled straight into the gutter. Jackson burst out into a fit of mocking laughter along with Ryan, and it was getting on my nerves.

"Hey Jackson and Ryan, mind shutting the hell up?!", I snapped.

They only laughed more, "I'm sorry, I'm just flashing back to the words 'I'm a great bowler'.", Jackson teased.

Allison gave them a cold glare, "Maybe he just needs a warm-up."

"Maybe he just needs the kitty bumpers!", Ryan said, sending the two into more laughter, earning more glares from Allison and I.

She turned to Scott, "Just aim for the middle."

"How about you aim for anything but the gutter?", Jackson cut in. Scott released the ball once again, and it almost knocked over some pins. Keyword: almost. At the last second, the ball swerved into the gutter, making Jackson and Ryan laugh at him again.

"Don't worry about it Scott, we just started the game.", Allison comforted him. I smiled at Ryan, although I didn't like him one bit, when he got a strike. Now, it was my turn.

"How about I help you?", he asked, coming up behind me and planting his hands firmly on my waist before I even had the chance to respond. Instead of it being romantic, it just felt awkward and unnatural. You wouldn't have minded if it were Stiles, my subconcious reminded me. True....but anyways, I got a spare, which is pretty good for me, since I would normally do really badly.

"Yes!", I cheered, and did a little dance back to my seat. Scott's turned rolled around again, but this time before he got the bowling ball, Allison ran up and whispered something in his ear. Whatever she said worked because he got a perfect strike. I shoved her lightly on the arm, "What did you say?!"

She only smirked, "I just gave him something else to focus on."

Halfway throught the game, and Scott was doing absolutely amazing. After he got another strike, Allison got the biggest smile on her face I've ever seen.

"You're so awesome at this!", she grinned.

"How many strikes is that, Jackson?", I asked, rubbing it in.

He gritted his teeth, "Six in a row."

"Maybe it's just natural talent.", Allison suggested.

Lydia got up for her turn, "I could use some natural talent.", she batted her eyes. Is she flirting with him?

"No, I think you're doing fine.", Scott answered, confused. Lydia's smile dropped, I guess she doesn't get rejected often.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence.", she replied, strutting up the the alley.

"Wait, I'll help you!", Jackson called, getting up.

She just smiled sweetly at him, "No, I think I'll try this one on my own." She released the ball, and it rolled down the center, knocking down all the pins. She sat back down, smirking, "I think I'm getting the hang of this."

"That was sort of perfect form.", Allison deadpanned, seeing right through her facade. The two of us leaned in closer to her, lowering our voices. "You know, you shouldn't pretend to suck just for his benefit.", she said softly.

"Oh please, I do plenty of sucking just for his benefit.", she rolled her eyes.

I shrieked, "OH MY GOD EW! DON'T EVER GIVE ME DETAILS ABOUT YOU AND JACKSON IN BED EVER AGAIN LYDIA!"

Jackson, Ryan, and Scott went over to a game of pinball after the game was over, while us three girls stayed back taking off our shoes.

"So, how'd you like your date? Did he help you get over your crush?", Lydia asked me.

I sighed,"No, Ryan was terrible compared to him. In fact, I think I like my crush even more now."

"Could you at least tell me who it is?", she questioned, Allison giving me a knowing look.

"Stiles.", I said dreamily, but her face only held confusion. He was in love with her, and she didn't even know he existed, unbelievable. "You know, Scott and I's friend? The one that wears plaid a lot?"

"Nuh uh! No way! My friend will not be dating a guy who doesn't even get playing time on the lacrosse team, you can do better.", she shook her head, making strawberry blonde curls bounce everywhere.

"But what if I don't want to do better?"