Chapter 14

A/N: This chapter was really fun to write! I hope you all enjoy.

"Lavender." I moaned. "Don't leave me!"

She sighed, tossing away her apple core. "Lindsey. You're going to be fine. It's just your wisdom teeth. Nathaniel will be with you." She added, as if all the problems were suddenly fixed.

As if.

I moaned again, and Nathaniel suddenly came into the room shirtless. "Don't worry. I'll make sure she doesn't walk straight into ongoing traffic."

He then looked at me, and sarcastically added. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

Lavender piped up, and warned, "Nathaniel. Stop it. You need to leave soon, your appointment is in," she paused, and checked the clock, "An hour. The dentist asked us to be early, to give you time to prep for surgery-"

My eyes widened at the word.

She shook her head, chuckling. Lavender came forward, and hugged me. I closed my eyes, inhaling her vanilla scent. It made me feel just a little better.

She pulled away and clasped her hands. "Good luck."

And with that, she added one more nod toward Nathaniel. "Take care of her, please. I'll be back later tonight."

He just nodded as we both watched her descended outside the door.

The silence that ached on after she left was intoxicating and awkward.

"I guess I'll go get dressed. We should leave in ten." He said, his eyes cast down.

"Okay." I was already dressed in white sweatpants, and a tank top. The dentists insisted I had to dress comfortable.

~~~~~~~~

"Nathaniel, I can't!" I screamed. I was currently having a panic attack. He was trying to pull my arm out of the door, but I was heavily refusing.

He looked slightly amused. "Lindsey, get out of the car."

"I can't!"

He pulled harder, then realized it was the seatbelt that was keeping me in so tightly. He eyed it, and so did I. But he was faster. He lunged quickly and unbuckled it. The strap immediately undid itself and I had no protection.

Crap.

I begged him with my eyes. "Nate, please!"

He gave another tug, sending me flying out of the car into his chest. Okay, drastic times called for drastic measures. So I dropped to the ground and held on to the edge of the car.

"Lindsey!" He yelled.

The next thing I knew it, I was upside down and hoisted onto Nathaniel's back. I felt him grinning. "Oh, shut up." I grumbled.

We entered the building and he let me down, but that didn't mean he released his grasp on my arm. I looked up at his handsome face and I secretly swooned. He was so attractive. Nathaniel walked over to the desk with me and smiled at the lady. Her eyes noticeably widened, and she fixed her hair.

I rolled my eyes, but Nathaniel didn't seem to notice.

"Hi, Lindsey Garland is scheduled for surgery this morning."

I cringed, and he felt it. He loosed the grip on my arm just a tad.

She fluttered her eyes, and nodded. "Right. We've been prepping for you. If you'll just follow me into the surgery room.."

I barely nodded when tears started to form. I was so scared. But I than realized he was standing next to me, so I deeply wiped the forming pool.

He frowned, and placed a finger to my cheek. "You'll be fine. I'll be here when you get out."