The Dragon King

Recap:

And I reached forwards

End Recap

I shoved him. Hard. How dare he! How dare he try and persuade me to join his side!

"Not a chance" I said.

In the distance I heard a dragon roar.

"Adam,". I called.

"It's ok Amy. It's one of the teachers. They will be here any second now,".

Liam leapt onto Phantom

"Go,". He roared. Phantom bunched his legs up and with a powerful leap, was airborne. I sprinted to Electra and scrambled up, sliding to my seat on her neck.

Amy

Yes Electra

What do you think we should do?

What do you reckon?

We should try and corner him using our Anchemi. The only issue is that we have't actually been taught how to do it. It was pure luck that we formed a V shape.

True. Let's go after him but fly at our max speed.

"Anchemi, Rise! We take chase,".

Electra pushed off and soared after Phantom. The rest of our Anchemi flew up into the air and also gave chase.

"Hey Amy, slow down!" Barney yelled as Electra increased her pace.

Can you see him?

Noo- there!

Where?

Down into the trees, by that lightning struck tree.

Electra flapped her wings, before drawing them in tightly and diving down, like a thunderbolt, before extending her wings and landing with a  thump. I slid off of Electra and scanned the forest. It was dark and shadowy. I slowly turned around.

This part of the forest was dark, eerie and foreboding. A sense of evil pervaded the air, skeletal branches of the dead trees seemed to reach out, trying to ensnare us, their gnarled, lifeless trunks  screaming as the cold wind swept through the forest. There was the sound of a branch breaking and and the rustle of leaves. The shadow's seemed to close in, veiling the forest from view. Ghostly outlines of the trees were all that could be seen. We saw a lone snake slowly slide through a bush. There was a rustle of leaves and the head of the snake dropped down by Electra's head, the mouth stretched open, it's hypodermic fangs still oozing venom.

"Where is the body?". Electra murmured.

"I have no idea,". I responded quietly. "I'm not sure I like this part of the forest,".

Electra craned her head back to look at the tree cover. "Although we got in that way, I'm not sure we will be able to get back out,". I looked around. The trees that we could see were all close together, there was no way Electra could squeeze through there. An unnatural mist was swirling around us, creating wraiths that did not exist. Every shadow seemed like an unnatural creature, every tree a towering monster.

A twig snapped.

I backed up slowly until I was by Electra's side.

Another twig snapped.

"Something's coming,".

There was a rustling and a creature emerged from between the gaps in the trees. It's stench of rotting meat filled the air and I raised my sword. The mist swirled away from the creature and even the shadows seemed to draw back.

It was a giant scorpion. It's eight legs were raven black  and they each made a funny clicking noise as they moved. It's pincers were big but not massive, meaning the sting would be far, far worse.

It's body was covered in plate like armour, which all overlapped and moved with the scorpion. It's sting was higher than me and glinted in the dim light. I raised my sword and the scorpion struck. I twisted around and swung my sword down. It hit the armour with a clack but just slid down the body. It launched itself at me and I leapt to the side, twisting round as it flew into the tree and landed on it's back it's legs wriggling grotesquely in the air. I raced forward and plunged my sword into the unprotected underside of the scorpion.

All of a sudden there was another crack and I flung myself to the side as a second scorpion flew at me, only to get roasted as Electra roasted it. The smell of burning, putrid meat filled the air.

"Amy,". Electra roared. "I think these are called Sarsians. They were once allied to the first Dragon King but when one of them killed a dragon, they were banished from his kingdom under the penalty of death and fled. When they were found in one of the forests, the King took pity on them and decided to let them live but he removed their ability to tactically think so they may never rise up against him. The Dragon King now, who is called Quaem or QM, which stands for Qelingtham maepkiham [quell-ing-th-am mykip-i-ham} is evil and wants to re-recruit them."

"How do you know about the Dragon King?". I yelled as more Sarsians came scuttling forward.

"I found it in the book which you left in our stables last night. I was going to tell you tonight,".

More and more Sarsians were scuttling towards us. There was a roar and a wave of black engulfed the forest in flame. A black dragon landed and Liam raced towards me.

"Amy!" He yelled. "Are you OK?"

I nodded. "Yes. Thank you"

He smiled. "No problem"

I gasped. My arm was throbbing from a deep scratch that was welling up with purple blood.

He looked at it. "You've been stung. The pain will go in a few minutes. This type of Sarsian's sting is harmless to us".

I looked at Electra. "Thank you Liam. Electra we should go"

"Wait,". He rushed forwards. "Join me. Please. Just for a few hours,".

I sighed. "OK. But when I want to leave, I leave".

He nodded. "OK"

He held out a hand to help me mount Electra but I was already mounted.

He pulled himself up into Phantom and together we rose into the sky.

Brother and sister
Blood and blood
Light and dark
United at last