Chapter 5.5

Valentine's Day special

"You know what day it is tomorrow, huh?" Parker asked Skylar. They were playing Super Smash Bros at Parker's house and Skylar has already won three times.

"Uh, Thursday?" Skylar asked, trying his best to finish Parker. 

Parker rolled his eyes. "It's Valentine's Day tomorrow." 

Skylar glanced at him. "And?"

"Didn't Ashton ask you out?"

"Didn't Miracle ask you out?" He bit back. 

Parker pursed his lips. "Touche." Skylar did his last move and killed Parker. A smug smirk spread across Skylar's lips as Parker yelled into his pillow. "How?!"

"I'm just a natural." Skylar didn't tell him that he bought the switch and the game himself to train because he got his ass beat every time they played. Parker continued to play the game as Skylar watched him with a dull expression. Skylar's phone chimed. He grabbed his phone and saw a text from Ashton.

Ace: what are your plans for tomorrow?

Skylar: I don't have any plans

Ace: do you wanna go out tomorrow?

Skylar: depends on what we're doing

Ace: it's a surprise ;)

Skylar's eyebrows knitted together and he tapped on Parker's shoulder. 

Parker paused the game and Skylar shoved his phone in his face. Parker read the texts. "Ask him if food is involved."

Skylar: is there food involved?

Ace: yes

"He said yes," Skylar answered.

"Then say yes," Parker said as he continued the game.

Skylar: okay then

"Do you think you'll get laid tomorrow?" Parker asked, his eyes not leaving the TV. Skylar hit the top of his head. "Ouch!"

"I could if I want to," Skylar replied. 

He paused the game and he turned to Skylar as a mischievous grin spread on his face. "Do you want to?" Parker wiggled his eyebrows. Skylar tried to hide his blushing cheeks with his hands as Parker laughed.

The next day

Skylar and Parker were walking to their lockers as they were talking about what their plans are for today. Many people around them were talking about their plans for today as well. Girls were gushing to their friends about how a guy asked them out or how they got things. Guys were bragging about the things they got or how they were getting laid tonight. And the ones that didn't get anything were grumbling about how stupid Valentine's Day was. Even Parker manned up and asked Miracle out.

"You really are a geek," Skylar moaned. "Why did you ask her to go to the comic book store?"

"I panicked," he cried. "But she said yes." They both stopped when they saw Ashton waiting there with a bouquet of roses. They were yellow with red tips. When Ashton saw Skylar, his smile was brighter than the sun.

"S-so bright," Skylar whispered.

"Damn, his smile is brighter than my future," Parker half-joked. Skylar nervously walked up to Ashton and Ashton held the roses out, his smile not faltering. Everyone in the hall was watching their interaction. Many girls were glaring at Skylar, wanting to be in his position.

"For you, Cherry," he smiled. Skylar averted his eyes as a blush crept onto his cheeks. He regretted putting his hair in a ponytail today. He took the roses.