Prologue

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

"Another round over here, Ophelia!" The man with a very large stomach shouted from the corner of the diner.

"I-I'll be right there, Ted." The sweet voice of an angel said just loud enough for the man to hear.

Ophelia balanced the three trays expertly on her arms without even having to think about it as she made her way over to the table with the family.

"Here are your orders," She smiled shyly as she placed them down on the table, giving each person their respective orders.

"Thank you, Ofee," The twin that was seated at the table giggled. They were never able to fully pronounce her name properly.

Ophelia's smile grew larger as she stared down at the boy and the girl.

"There you go, honey." The mother of the children placed a twenty-dollar tip into her hand.

Ophelia was always grateful to receive any amount of tips, and sometimes, she was even hesitant although she knew that she needed it.

This particular family was a regular at the diner. Every Saturday, they would come in and order the same thing and always left a tip for Ophelia.

They thought that she was a lovely young girl and wanted to help her out as much as they could.

Not to mention how many times she made the twins happy.

Ophelia adored the two little four-years-olds and would do anything she could for them.

When she was on her break, she would sit with them and have a full-blown conversation with them. She would sometimes even sneak a few milkshakes out to them although she knew that could get her into trouble.

After giving the family another polite smile, she made her way over to Ted.

"Another ginger beer for you?" She whispered as she takes his orders.

Ted was also another regular. He was a man in his late fifties who had a balding head and a beer stomach.

Although he loved the food that the diner served, he absolutely loved to converse with Ophelia. She always reminded him of his sixteen-year-old niece who was sweet and kind.

"You bet." He let out a hearty chuckle and his tummy vibrated with laughter.

Anyone would think that he sounded like Santa Claus.

Ophelia, on the other hand, thought that his name suited him well. He was like a big teddy bear.

"I-I'll be back with your order in a minute." She smiled kindly as she dashed off to the next customer.

Even though Ophelia felt extremely comfortable around him, she couldn't help but get nervous around everyone that she spoke to.

It had a lot to do with her low self-esteem and high insecurities.

Ophelia was the type of girl that you'd have to look twice at when walking on the street. She was absolutely beautiful and any man in their right mind would want her but she was just too naive to see it.

She was surely a sight to see.

Her next customer was a man by the name of Jacob Sanders. He, like everyone else, found her sexy as hell and just wanted to have a taste of her.

"Mr. Sanders. W-What would you like to order?" She asked as she got her pen ready. She always had problems with keeping eye contact.

Jacob inwardly smirked because of the way that he made her nervous. If only the ass-hat knew that it wasn't just because of him. She was practically this way with everyone.

Jacob was an attractive man. He always had his hair gelled to perfection and his eyes were an enchanting dark blue colour. He would always dress casually and basically only ever came to the diner when Ophelia was working.

"I'd like the usual, please." He said as he eyed her up and down discreetly as she wrote the order.

A devilish idea came to his head and he shoved his wallet onto the floor, out of his line of reach.

Ophelia's eyes followed the wallet as it glided across the room and he smiled innocently at her.

"Could you get that for me?" He asked as he leaned back into the U-shaped couch.

Ophelia smiled politely and had absolutely no problem with retrieving the wallet for him.

She always liked to help people.

As she bent over to pick up the wallet, Jacob smirked as he got a face full of her nice, round ass. He relaxed and stared with no shame until her figure straightened back up.

She placed the wallet back on the table with a smile and spoke, "Will t-that be all?" She stuttered.

"For now." He said and once again, took a look at her as she swayed her hips through the diner.

As she walked, she got a few waves throughout the diner and she regarded them with her own kind replies.

Ophelia didn't know it, but more than half the people at that diner would come mainly to visit her.

They loved how nice she treated them and they enjoyed conversing with her.

That day was like any other day for Ophelia.

At least that was what she thought.